red led of death

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e304life

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello I have a stock 2wd slash with a 2c lipo as my only mod. Anyways when I turn it on the esc light goes from green to red, the truck will not move but the steering work. My battery has a full charge according to my charger. I though maybe I fried the motor since the last time I drove it was through a shallow creek. So I replaced the motor with a new titan 550. Still no change.

Any ideas? thanks in advance.

Also great forum I'm new to electric(I have 2 tmaxxes)

sounds like you dont have your low voltage cutoff turned on

hold the button for about 10-15seconds until you hear a musical tone ring up. After that you should be good to go. Hopefully, if you go back to NiMh batteries, then you will need to hold the button again, but make sure the musical tone goes down. That turns the LVC off.

Thanks man, I ended up going to my lhs, they told me the same thing, we tried resting it but no luck. We determined it was a bad esc. So i upgraded to the traxxas brushless kit.
I was about to go brushless anyways to this just put me over the top.

the XL-5 does not have a LVC for lipo's.

I realized that after I reread his post, I completely skipped the stock part of it and read the rest. Well that's what you would need to do if it was a vxl. Well now you are brushless and if you got a vxl now you know what to do lol.

good call. nice save

Back