Receiver + Servo Battery Pack

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Citrix

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey y'all, I'm building a 1/8th on road kit and have decided on the FrSky Xact HV5301 Mini Servo for both steering and throttle (I need low profile due to a really short requirement) and a SR315 Receiver with a Dx3 transmitter. The kit recommends an Orion 1700 receiver pack, and to be honest I'm not even sure what that is. I'm also new to nitro, so Id appreciate any help y'all can lay on me including the process of the battery/receiver pack and connection to receiver, and even some input on the servo and receiver choice. Thank y'all so much!

I dont think 1/8 and mini servo will work.

Seems to me 52xx are micro, 53xx mini, 54xx micro, amd 55xx appear to be low profile. I just noticed, am not familliar with this company.

Team orion makes batteries among other things. I would stay with lithium instead of going NiMH. You may need to measure tje battery box and go with another brand as I dont see any 1700mah. Some larger batteries may fit.

https://teamorion.com/batteries-en/receiver-batteries/

You can get low profile standard servos that will work, Amazon has some that are pretty good from my experience.

Hey y'all, I'm building a 1/8th on road kit and have decided on the FrSky Xact HV5301 Mini Servo for both steering and throttle (I need low profile due to a really short requirement) and a SR315 Receiver with a Dx3 transmitter. The kit recommends an Orion 1700 receiver pack, and to be honest I'm not even sure what that is. I'm also new to nitro, so Id appreciate any help y'all can lay on me including the process of the battery/receiver pack and connection to receiver, and even some input on the servo and receiver choice. Thank y'all so much!
Mini servos are not going to work. They make low profile standard size servos if you need low-pro.

You dont need an Orion 1700mAh receiver pack specifically, you just need a "5 cell hump receiver pack" of some sort, like THIS one. Brand doesn't really matter (as long as its not generic) and neither does the mAh rating but the higher the mAh rating the longer it will work before it goes dead.

Your steering servo will plug in to channel 1 (labeled STR on the SR-315) on the receiver, your throttle servo will plug in to channel 2 (labeled THR), and the receiver hump pack plugs in to the BATT section. Make sure the signal wire on the servos is facing the label on the receiver. The signal wire will either be white or yellow depending on the servo.

If you have follow up questions fire away :)

Back