Rear Toe-In... (Traxxas Rustler)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinGalusha

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok, I have this slight problem. I have had this problem for a while but it irritates the crap out of me. My Rear wheels are all Toe In. I cannot find what is bent or anything. I just put new RPM A arms, and Still toe. Everything is nice and tight, and I cannot figure this out! Any takers?

:(

They are supposed to be toed-in 2-3mm.
Show us a pic?

Will Do, I have to upload one tomorrow for sure!

Ok, I found out it's pretty normal hah

The reason for slight toe-in on the rear (and neutral or slight toe-out on the front) is to help handling going into and coming out of corners to correct for over/understeer. It also assists in keeping a straight line through bumpy terrain.

The amount of toe is dependent on your vehicle design and preference but should never be more than 1-2mm either direction as you'll cause more wear on tires and the rolling resistance will affect performance and neutral roll.

i have a severe toe in and is cause if me to dog track like crazy would this be a dif problem bc ik my dif is messed up but i had it in the shop just recently and they said there’s nothing to be worried abt anyone know why uts dog tracking so bad

i have a severe toe in and is cause if me to dog track like crazy would this be a dif problem bc ik my dif is messed up but i had it in the shop just recently and they said there’s nothing to be worried abt anyone know why uts dog tracking so bad
Put your rear toe in & your left foot out...🤣😂🤣
any real help

What kit is it and can you post some pics of the toe in? A video of what its doing when its running would help also but were gonna need more info.
ya i can get a video wdym by what kit
i just realized my rc is also driving when i’m not touching the controller after the shop said that my electronics r fine anyone have an idea for that too

Attachments

• 286CAC3C-0F6C-40E4-9DEA-F633EEEAEDF4.jpeg
    286CAC3C-0F6C-40E4-9DEA-F633EEEAEDF4.jpeg
    366.1 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

i just realized my rc is also driving when i’m not touching the controller after the shop said that my electronics r fine anyone have an idea for that too
What RC is it? A Traxxas what?

Set the throttle trim on your transmitter to zero to fix it moving on its own.

If you started your own post in the electric RC forum and post what the RC is and post the picture you'll get more responses.

If you started your own post in the electric RC forum and post what the RC is and post the picture you'll get more responses.
i don’t think i have a throttle trim mine is a tq and it’s a traxxas rustler 4x4 brushless

i don’t think i have the throttle trim on my tq remote it’s a traxxas rustler 4x4

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure every radio has a throttle and a steering trim knob or setting.
s-l1600.jpg

As for the tow in someone else will have to tackle that cuz afaik the toe in isnt adjustable. Makes me wonder is something was put back together right

I'm pretty sure every radio has a throttle and a steering trim knob or setting.
Apparently every radio except this one...
61uIHgdB3eL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

I don't think "Top Qualifier" is quite appropriate for a name for this one.

Wow, I have never ever seen that before. The ESC must need recalibrated.

Back