RCJuice nails it again *E REVO USERS THIS IS FOR YOU!*

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peeeenuuutt

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
702A66C5-FD0F-4C1A-8964-EC729BADDE3A.png

To get everyone else up to speed, e revo users have one pickle. With the stock motor mount, you’re limited to 4074 motors. Can’t go any longer. Some have shoehorned a 4082 in but it’s highly impractical (and still not even close to enough). The problem is due to the design of the chassis, a long motor is impossible to fit, however, a short fat motor is highly possible. A few months ago I asked a question on how they feel about making a revo-spec motor. I gave them my take and we talked measurements. We came out with a maximum width of 46mm wide and standard 74mm long can. This would have about the power of a 4092 can (just a little more) and is great for us revo users. As you can see in his email reply (I asked about the leopard 4274 if it’ll be good) and he said, well, that. (Basically told me to park the truck and wait for that motor) because he knows a 4274 won’t cut it in an e revo. We’re all pushing 14-15 pounds and we all need some more grunt, and nobody has a motor on the market like this, it’s great that they’re actually trying to make one!!!!!!!!! I’m so excited ?? how many times can you suggest someone MANUFACTURE A SPECIFIC PRODUCT and they deliver?? This is why I deal with rcjuice... really a great site!

27483178-E720-4748-8440-E1665310AD6D.png

I’m fine with the availability issue, I doubt it’ll sell as much as a universal 4092. I'm definitely gonna keep my fingers crossed for this one!

If someone made an aftermarket motor mount that fits a castle 1717 then yeah it will

Lmao. I mean there’s the obvious one... they’re way more powerful.

How does the castle measurements work again is it 1.7 inches for a 1717 can?
The can itself is a 4585. It’s about twice the power of a 4082 can and 1.5x the power of a 4092.

They don’t even make it anymore. Actually haven’t made it or sold it since 2015.

The can itself is a 4585. It’s about twice the power of a 4082 can and 1.5x the power of a 4092.

They don’t even make it anymore. Actually haven’t made it or sold it since 2015.
That's like one of the best motors what about the traxxas version in the xo1 or maxxy?

That's like one of the best motors that about the traxxas version in the xo1 or maxxy?
The Traxxas version is still being made. The xmaxx has a different motor. Even the 6s one was like a 4592 (or something like that)

Last edited:
4585 motor 1580kv motor is available on ebay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-SURPAS...095511?hash=item3b1a7748d7:g:twUAAOSwJWxbi6cp looks like several venders have them.
to fit in an arrma one could make a 3mm plate to go under the dif and motor mounts and slot it for the spur...
I am aware. The castle 1717 was also a 4585. The whole point of this thread is to showcase how rcjuice is making a motor that fits in an e revo. A 4585 does not. Gotta be shorter, as said above.

I am aware. The castle 1717 was also a 4585. The whole point of this thread is to showcase how rcjuice is making a motor that fits in an e revo. A 4585 does not. Gotta be shorter, as said above.
Rc juice blocked me remember peanut

LMAO I don’t even care dude I love the guy, maybe I’ve just gotten lucky.

Back