RC10 B6.2 Ball and Cup Upgrades

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snotrockits

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all! This is my first post here. I'm just getting back into track racing with a newly acquired B6.2d buggy (well, with the parts l've been adding, its somewhere between a 6.2 and a 6.3).

Something I was curious about, and have yet to find an answer for, is: Are there any upgrade or higher spec balls and cups that anyone would recommend for a B6.x
The stock associated ones seem to have a little bit of slop and I'm being a perfectionist and want my linkages to be tighter.

Also: please feel free to throw any general, glaringly obvious tips at me. Currently running at LSR Speedway in Sacramento, CA. (indoor clay/dirt)

Thanks!

295580836_7709637412443285_5540159406355963221_n.jpg

On my Assocaited DR10 I changed all the ball cups out for hemjoint style from 1/10 scale crawlers. Now the front suspension is super ridged. I did not do it with my buggy and the buggy is fine with the play in the ball cups.

image.jpg

You will be fine with what came in your Associated buggy kit. If it makes you feel better, a lot of times the Associated ball cups (on the 5 & 6 series platforms) are recommended to other people using other brand of RC. Ball cups and ball studs are wear items. When you can't stand the slop... install some new stock ones. I don't care what brand of RC it is... you'll never get 100% rid of the slop. I used to be OCD with slop, and would tediously shim this, and that, and shim it some more... getting every single bit of wiggle/play out. Lap times didn't improve. I enjoyed the slop (to a certain extent). Concentrating on shock packages, roll centers, tires, and practice made more of an impact for me. Years later, hearing people say the same thing about living with that small amount of play made me feel better about my decision.

Also even if you get it super solid. It will develop some slop. It won’t get much worse after it initially breaks in but if you keep chasing the little bit of wiggle you will go crazy.