RC Subs

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pirata

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Anyone try an RC sub before? I got a wild hair this morning that makes me want to try one. I am not looking at top of the line or anything too realistic. I'll probably buy one that's a couple of steps up from a radio shack type but still not top of the line.

Have you got a pool, or access to one? They're not any good in a murky lake.
My neighbor owns a small hobby shop, and he's got one on display there. I'll check it out tomorrow and get back to you with some info.

I think Tower sells one or Hobbypeople.net

I was not really looking into you guys doing my research for me finding one but rather experiences with them, if any.

:x Sorry bro. Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to get into the marine part of RC yet.

I had a sub. that was not R/C, but it as battery powered, and it dove too. Way cool.

Mine barely floated, it was almost neutral bouyant. It took two C-cells.

What it did was dive fror about 3 feet, the dive planes would turn, and it would rise to the surface and dive again. It was a replica of an older sub. Almost cigar shaped.

What was killer, We would take to the local lake, my father and I would stand paralell to th shore about 10ft away, and we would watch it dive and rise, cathch it and turn around. All in all a lot of fun. Not R/C but definetly fast, and battery powered.

I can imagine one of 401's camera's on one eh?

**edit**
Along those lines, bfeore I was into R/C I found and R/C sailboat while snorkeling. A big long one, about 4 feet long, huge mast. I wish I would have saved it (the mast was broke I think that's what sunk it) If I can find stuff snorkeling I can only imagine what you could find with a sub heh

Back