OK I Guess I'm a Captain Now

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamr

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Boating
Well I decided to get a RC boat a while back. Having a lake a couple minutes away, it seemed like a fun time.
This one (Pro Boat Sonicwake V2 36" or SWV2) has topped my list for a while but It is a little more than I wanted to pay for one at 419$. I could not find it cheaper anywhere. They must have the price locked down.
Some of the cheaper boats seemed a little more toy than hobby grade and I wanted the option to upgrade it down the road if I needed to.
The SWV2 seemed to go much faster than all of the sub 400$ boats and it definitely looked much beefier on the inside and the rear end.
1690493215517.png

So I was looking on Ebay and found an auction for a used one with some issues.
I haven't bought anything used off of Ebay in quite a while, so I bid on it and won it. I am now waiting for it to arrive.
We will see what I have to do to it to get it up and running.
Any tips from you boat owners out there?
looking forward to some fun times and some cool videos.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. It doesn't take long to built up the expense regardless.

Thanks for the tip but I am not looking to build the hull from scratch as I am not retired and do not have the time.
although I am thinking of building one of those small tug boats for a recovery boat.
Thanks again.

Thanks for the tip but I am not looking to build the hull from scratch as I am not retired and do not have the time.
although I am thinking of building one of those small tug boats for a recovery boat.
Thanks again.
build you one of these they''re fun, cheap, and easy. and work great.

IMG_20230729_125956.jpg

I bought a used ProBoat Impulse 31 off ebay this spring. I had no idea how fast these things are. A couple s3 lipo's and it just rips! Absolute blast.

YOu got any video of that thing working?
i dont really take video of it. me and my whole club use it all the time. Id say every outting it probably pulls in 10-15 boats between us. its such a hit at my club because it cuts down on rowing the big boat by like 95%.

i dont really take video of it. me and my whole club use it all the time. Id say every outting it probably pulls in 10-15 boats between us. its such a hit at my club because it cuts down on rowing the big boat by like 95%.
Does it just float over the boat and catches it in the net in the back?

Well I decided to get a RC boat a while back. Having a lake a couple minutes away, it seemed like a fun time.
This one (Pro Boat Sonicwake V2 36" or SWV2) has topped my list for a while but It is a little more than I wanted to pay for one at 419$. I could not find it cheaper anywhere. They must have the price locked down.
Some of the cheaper boats seemed a little more toy than hobby grade and I wanted the option to upgrade it down the road if I needed to.
The SWV2 seemed to go much faster than all of the sub 400$ boats and it definitely looked much beefier on the inside and the rear end.
View attachment 169373
So I was looking on Ebay and found an auction for a used one with some issues.
I haven't bought anything used off of Ebay in quite a while, so I bid on it and won it. I am now waiting for it to arrive.
We will see what I have to do to it to get it up and running.
Any tips from you boat owners out there?
looking forward to some fun times and some cool videos.
How is the boat?

Back