RC Nitro Truck ID

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phisherman

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, got this nitro 4wd buggy/truck in a lot with a savage and have no idea what it is. Any ideas
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG

Are there any markings on the engine? Those upper A arms look to be some kind of a HSP or Redcat.. Exceed maybe..

The truck is at my shop so I'll check on that tomorrow, thanks for the input so far though.

The truck is at my shop so I'll check on that tomorrow, thanks for the input so far though.
I'm pretty bad at identifying trucks but to me it looks custom built...just the way the servo is...

I'm not 100% but it looks like a mail order RC. I'm willing to bet it's not a name brand. I know most of the name brand nitro trucks and I've never seen this one before. I'm not 100% on that but probably 90% sure.

Sorry for taking so long to get back to this thread. The engine on the truck says Hyper 21. I'm really only concerned with finding a drive shaft/differential that will work with this truck. The spacing from the front axle joint to rear axle joint is just over 7" it seems. Thanks again.

Sorry for taking so long to get back to this thread. The engine on the truck says Hyper 21. I'm really only concerned with finding a drive shaft/differential that will work with this truck. The spacing from the front axle joint to rear axle joint is just over 7" it seems. Thanks again.
Is it 4WD (does it have a front diff, it looks like it has one and drive shafts but I can't quite see) As for finding some replacements, measure the distance from the diff mounting holes, and then looks for some shafts that are that length, and then find the diff that's supposed to go with those shafts, this "theory" of mine may work, or will waste you money :p

Yeah there is a front diff, but I think you may be right that it's some sort of custom build. I'll probably just do what you suggested once I have a little more time and money to spend on it. Thanks for the help.

Yeah there is a front diff, but I think you may be right that it's some sort of custom build. I'll probably just do what you suggested once I have a little more time and money to spend on it. Thanks for the help.
Sounds good :) If you need any more help just ask :)

There are a few minor differences (could just be a newer or older version or maybe just a couple of aftermarket parts?) but it looks a lot like an OFNA Pirate 10 with the broken front bumper, missing electronics box, a missing servo, and some aftermarket tires. Upper chassis brace is shaped slightly different but looks very similar.

There are a few minor differences (could just be a newer or older version or maybe just a couple of aftermarket parts?) but it looks a lot like an OFNA Pirate 10 with the broken front bumper, missing electronics box, a missing servo, and some aftermarket tires. Upper chassis brace is shaped slightly different but looks very similar.

Great call Greywolf!

That is an Ofna Pirate10 Monster! Link to the manual below!
http://ofna.com/pdf/pirate10-mt-rtr.pdf

I could not find a parts breakdown for it, I would give Ofna a call and see if they can e-mail it to you.

It looks as if most of the parts are still available for it.

Nitrohouse has 3 pages of parts for it, and you go to Ofna. com & look at their parts finder page staring in the 17000 range for Pirate 10 parts.
http://www.nitrohouse.com/Pirate-10-Monster-Parts_c_641.html

Great call Greywolf!

That is an Ofna Pirate10 Monster! Link to the manual below!
http://ofna.com/pdf/pirate10-mt-rtr.pdf

I could not find a parts breakdown for it, I would give Ofna a call and see if they can e-mail it to you.

It looks as if most of the parts are still available for it.

Nitrohouse has 3 pages of parts for it, and you go to Ofna. com & look at their parts finder page staring in the 17000 range for Pirate 10 parts.
http://www.nitrohouse.com/Pirate-10-Monster-Parts_c_641.html
Good to know :)

Ahhh yes the Pirate 10 Monster! That expalins the tires and the upper chassis brace. The thing that threw me is the front bumper. Looks like they put a pirate 10 Bumper on it and then snapped it off.

How about those Z bends on the front servo! Never seen them before in my short time in the hobby, heard about them and heard they have bad slop.