RC model of SR-71 Video

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamz9561

Proud Short Bus Rider
Supporter
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Saw this and had to share. This pilot must be really good to fly this beast.

Dang, that thing is phenomenal! Does it leak fuel sitting on the runway like the 1:1 size does? :D

Dang, that thing is phenomenal! Does it leak fuel sitting on the runway like the 1:1 size does? :D
ROFL. Didn't see any, but you never know....

That's VERY funny. That's exactly the same thought I had. :D
By the way, the fuel it leaks is also more expensive than the world's finest aged Scotch. I don't remember how many liters it holds.
Can't remember how much it leaks till it heats up enough to expand the seams.

The original leaks so much fuel that if they fuel it right before start it has just enough time to get to altitude and hit the tanker before flaming out from a lack of fuel.

freakin awesome plane. I hope that one day i can afford stuff like that! lol

I didnt know that about the real blackbird...seems kinda crazy to me...what was the conversation that went on the first time it was fueled up? "hey were leaking a crap ton of fuel back here..." "oh yeah no worries, its supposed to do that." "WTF?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!" "yeah, its all good no worries just dont smoke around it and it will be fine...Oh and you got about 10 minutes to refuel once your in the air or you're gonna run out from the leakage" "OH HELL NO!, I aint going up in that thing!"

I didnt know that about the real blackbird...seems kinda crazy to me
Yup, the panels was loosely fitted when at ground temperature since the SR-71 would expand, several inches I believe, once in the air and up to speed.