RC couch for three

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmhaltom

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to RC and have a strange request. I want to build a three person couch that sits on an RC platform. It must be strong and durable and withstand dust. Lots of dust. LOng battery life and easy to switch out batteries would be ideal. Has anyone heard of a RC platform that large that would carry 600 lbs at 5 mph? where do i start?

Welcome in @dmhaltom , I wish I could help you out but I'm fresh out of resources for a RC couch. :p
However, I can see why it would create a lazy, but inspired couch potato. ;)
I would be interested in the story though, if you care share.

Welcome to RCT!

The only way to accomplish this would be to fabricate something yourself and it would require some very beefy robotic type expensive electronics. At least I'm not aware of anything prebuilt that would work.

A friend of mine built a motorized couch quite a few years ago now.

He used the electrics out of a couple of mobility scooters and while his wasn't rc since the throttle and braking was all electronically controlled it shouldn't be a huge undertaking to make it RC, he used a simple joystick to run his and had it set up with skidsteer style steering.

A friend of mine built a motorized couch quite a few years ago now.

He used the electrics out of a couple of mobility scooters and while his wasn't rc since the throttle and braking was all electronically controlled it shouldn't be a huge undertaking to make it RC, he used a simple joystick to run his and had it set up with skidsteer style steering.
I didnt even think about wheelchair parts and motors. You could totally build a frame to hold the couch and attach wheel chair motors and wheels to it and control it with a controller board just like my remote control lawnmower build. Lawntoy 2.4Ghz

I didnt even think about wheelchair parts and motors. You could totally build a frame to hold the couch and attach wheel chair motors and wheels to it and control it with a controller board just like my remote control lawnmower build. Lawntoy 2.4Ghz

If I remember correctly, it's been 15 plus years, he had it set up with a drive wheel and motor at each end with a swivel caster in front of and behind the drive wheels for stability, and a wheelie bar. It was a bit of fun for a while.

If you want to save money, do what a couple of my homies did and simply bolt skis to the sofa legs, then tow it behind a truck up a canyon trail

Back