Rc break in. Don't have temp gun how to check it's up to temps?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel J

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Flying
Hey everyone have a Nanda Racing NRB5 coming in and I'm wondering if there is any need to but tinfoil around the cooling head? How can I check it's in the 200 series of temps? Thanks

The temp range is especially critical during the break-in period since it's all about heat cycling, so I agree with getting the IR gun.
Incredible. I bought one when I first got a T-Maxx in 2003. It was over $90 and now they are more accurate and a LOT cheaper. You can also find them at Harbor Freight and almost any hardware store.

The temp range is especially critical during the break-in period since it's all about heat cycling, so I agree with getting the IR gun.
Incredible. I bought one when I first got a T-Maxx in 2003. It was over $90 and now they are more accurate and a LOT cheaper. You can also find them at Harbor Freight and almost any hardware store.
Thanks Rolex!! Would you recommend rapping the engine in tin foil if it's a cold day? I have seen people do it.

Unless you're in the Arctic it's not that cold. If you're not wearing a down jacket, a woolen hat and insulated gloves, you'll be fine doing the break-in without the foil.
20130123-094941.jpg

Unless you're in the Arctic it's not that cold. If you're not wearing a down jacket, a woolen hat and insulated gloves, you'll be fine doing the break-in without the foil.
20130123-094941.jpg
Lmao!! Did the Break in didn't need tinfoil temps were good, did 6 tanks! 2 idling 1 quarter 1 quarter's 1 full