Rc battery

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glynnc

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Hi gang,enjoying this warm weather,quick question my 1/10 rc stock battery 2000mah,at start woz getting good 35 mins steady pace,this warm weather only getting bout 20 mins, had it bout 3half months,any ideas y many thanks

What battery chemistry? I'm assuming being 3 1/2 months you bought it new?

Lipo nimh nicd, basically what ingrediant makes your battery.

If it is a LiPo, how are you storing it when not using it? Are you running it through a storage charge? Or are you putting it away fully charged? Low charge?

Hi all. I have a question about Spectrum’s smart system. I am looking about buying a new car that has a spectrum esc and motor. I’m not entirely keen about buying Spectrum batteries and a charger when I already have non smart batteries and chargers. I was wondering if it is possible to use my current batteries that are not Spectrum with the Spectrum esc and just swap the connectors. I know I won’t get the smart benefits but that is fine with me. I can switch later on down the road. Also, will spectrum recievers work with Futaba transmitters and still be able to link up

Ahh nimh

Ahh nimh
If you're runnign the NiMH pack down till its dead when you're running it then youve damaged the cells from Voltage depletion and therefore it can not hold a full charge like it used to. NiXX packs should not be discharged down past about .9V per cell.

Hi all. I have a question about Spectrum’s smart system. I am looking about buying a new car that has a spectrum esc and motor. I’m not entirely keen about buying Spectrum batteries and a charger when I already have non smart batteries and chargers. I was wondering if it is possible to use my current batteries that are not Spectrum with the Spectrum esc and just swap the connectors. I know I won’t get the smart benefits but that is fine with me. I can switch later on down the road. Also, will spectrum recievers work with Futaba transmitters and still be able to link up
I answered this question in the other thread where you posted it.

If you're runnign the NiMH pack down till its dead when you're running it then youve damaged the cells from Voltage depletion and therefore it can not hold a full charge like it used to. NiXX packs should not be discharged down past about .9V per cell.

I answered this question in the other thread where you posted it.
Ok so do I need to get new batteries or just run till it starts slowing

You need a way to check the batteries voltage. Once you have bought new batteries check them periodically as you're running the kit until you get an idea of about how fast/slow the kit is once the battery gets down around .9 - 1V per cell. Then once you see the performance drop to that level on future runs youll have a good idea of about where to stop it. You dont actually start hurting the cells until about .8V/C but Id stop a little short of that. Maybe 1V/C.

No idea how to start nimh batteries,new to Rc

How to check voltage on nimh batteries only that it’s 7.2 volts

If it has a Tamiya style connector on it then youll probably need a multimeter. Even just a cheap one will work.
What kit are you running?

Rtr electric brushed truggy if that’s wot u mean

This isn't really on the topic of Batteries but is related to electronics. I have a Futaba R203GF receiver which has 3 channels. I have channel 1 and 2 for the steering and the servo. Channel 3 is for the ESC fan. I'm looking to get a motor fan for my motor. I was wondering if it can be powered by the "B" slot in the receiver or is that just for input voltages to the receiver?

This isn't really on the topic of Batteries but is related to electronics. I have a Futaba R203GF receiver which has 3 channels. I have channel 1 and 2 for the steering and the servo. Channel 3 is for the ESC fan. I'm looking to get a motor fan for my motor. I was wondering if it can be powered by the "B" slot in the receiver or is that just for input voltages to the receiver?
If its an electric you can do that. or you can buy/make a splitter and control both fans with your 3rd channel if you want.

So there's two way to check your batteries

1) use a electric multimeter like this one turn it to DC. Red to red black to black. Fully charged might read 8.4. So you know
16271320442967411819757675951782.jpg

1627131979026283548456128815992.jpg

2) get a adapter from tamiya to jst plug like this and a battery compacity checker like this one
Screenshot_20210724-090507_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20210724-090539_Amazon Shopping.jpg