Ramp for 1/10 and 1/8 - Design Help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I built my ramp with a 45 degree exit too. I need to build a wider version of it. I have all the stuff out in the garage its just been to hot to mess with it.

So I have been working with a local woodshop. This old guy is just loving the little projects I send him. The next one will be a ramp for the Kraton and our 1/10th stuff. Tell me if you think this looks ok.

The ramp board itself will either be 1/4" hardboard or hardwood plywood. We use 1/4" hardboard and blocks currently, so this will be a lot stronger. The goal is lightweight, but durable. The main supports will be cabinet grade (no voids) 3/4" plywood. The braces will be 1x3 pine lumber. Everything will have a finish to protect it from the weather, even though it won't see much weather.
View attachment 131297
View attachment 131298
View attachment 131299
What program did you use to design that

I am far from a amp guy but I agree with the pic @Chubaka posted. I would definitely had some 1x3 or something like that under the plywood.

@WickedFog Whatever happened with this ramp project anyway?
I have him on hold on it because I have another project I am having him do next. I need a free-standing shelf unit to stick my RC's on. I am still designing it
I am far from a amp guy but I agree with the pic @Chubaka posted. I would definitely had some 1x3 or something like that under the plywood.
I can add braces later myself if needed. I am going to glue a 1/8" rubber mat on the top as well I think.
I can add braces later myself if needed. I am going to glue a 1/8" rubber mat on the top as well I think.

Last edited:
What program did you use to design that
All you need is 1/2 or 3/4 playwood and some 2x2 or even 2x4s for bracing. Start in one corner of plywood up 15" and curve down to 32 34". To make the incline for launch. Cut a couple. Then throw braces in between the plywood. For the top can use 1/4 plywood or lawond for the face.. screw from bottom up or either way is fine and there you go...👍👍👍 the measurements will depend on how far out or how far up you meant to go...

I used 1x3s in the corners of mine and then used 1x1s along the curve of the ramp underneath spaced out about 8 inches apart. Its strong enough for the K8 and not as heavy as i thought it might turn out. I still need to paint it with some exterior paint to waterproof it though.