Radron's Scale build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't checked your chassis out real close, are you tig welding or brazing your tubing?

I've been brazing, my tig is at work. I may redo it later in tig,but for now I can braze at home. The comp chassis were brazed & they've taken a beating with no weld breaks yet(knock on wood!)

I'm wanting to start brazing for the same reason, I don't have a TIG at home, and my welders that I do have at home are just crackerboxes designed for bigger stuff.

Well I just checked the tracking on my body(should have been here any day!) & it is in Colorado???? I'm in Arizona.......BUMMER!! I can't go any further with-out it,so I'll get some updates on the cage assembly soon...I HOPE!! LOL!!

that sucks lol i hate waiting for the mail to bring my stuff.

Last edited:
I think we're all three waiting on something that should have been here alraedy. I'm starting to worry that I got ripped off, and it may be the first time that I've worried about that since January.

Well, I finally received my Bronco body. And was able to get some of the cage pieces cut & fit.I'll get to brazing tomorrow. I also got some of the interior pieces together. Now on to the pics

First off the bumpers.........
IMAGE004_004_004-1.gif

IMAGE003_003_003-1.gif

IMAGE005_005_005-1.gif

Rear view mirrors & headlights......
IMAGE009_009_009.gif

Dash assemble & painted........
IMAGE010_010_010.gif

Seats & console........
IMAGE012_012_012.gif

The ESC switch will be the shifter........
IMAGE014_014_014.gif

Now on to the cage..........
IMAGE032_032_032.gif

IMAGE037_037_037.gif

IMAGE038_038_038.gif

More to come after the brazing is done.........

heck ya ron, I've been wondering what was going on...glad to see it coming along again.

Bumpers brazed up..........
IMAGE006_006_006.gif

IMAGE007_007_007.gif

IMAGE008_008_008.gif

More to come............

good job man, how close are u do done do u think???

I'm getting the feeling, I'll never be done. I hope to be driving it in a week or so,We'll see!

awesome man, a week aint to bad and getting to drive it will be killer I'm sure, at this comp I'm going to on saterday theres gonna be a scaler class so i get to check some out in person wich i never have.

I'm looking forward to going to a scaler comp.Should be a blast!!

Would any of you guys be up for a trip to the Montana Scale Nationals next year? It would be sweet to get a group of us from here on RCNT together and make the trip!

awesome man, a week aint to bad and getting to drive it will be killer I'm sure, at this comp I'm going to on saterday theres gonna be a scaler class so i get to check some out in person wich i never have.

Do you know if it's a 1.9 or 2.2 scaler class, or is it an anything goes kinda thing?

Ron, it's coming along beautifully. The good thing is, you shouldn't have much trouble talking the guy who runs the track into letting you have a scaler class, because aren't you the guy who runs the track lol?

I'm getting the feeling, I'll never be done.

Makes me feel right at home.:hehe:
Beautiful piece of work so far, by the way.

Where did you get the front and rear axle assemblies? I'm starting to shop for the parts I need to start building the frame for mine.

Yes, The one & the same!! LOL!!

When is the Montana meet? Sounds like fun.

Thanks guys!!

The axles & tranny are AX-10 parts.

Last edited:
You can buy their parts seperately. We stock most of the stuff at East End Machining that you would need, the axles run around $90 a set. You can buy the axles and tranny for about $140, or buy the axial kit for around 200 if you have use for the other parts.

Do you know if it's a 1.9 or 2.2 scaler class, or is it an anything goes kinda thing?

I'm pretty sure they are all running 1.9 from what I've heard.

oh and wouldnt u guys rather come to the "Lloyd's Back Yard Nationals" lol.

It's looking like a million bucks RadRon. Can't wait to see it when it's done, erm I mean running :)

You can buy their parts seperately. We stock most of the stuff at East End Machining that you would need, the axles run around $90 a set. You can buy the axles and tranny for about $140

Good to know, I'm bound to destroy a set at some stage! Hey, I might even want some for a project one day...

...or buy the axial kit for around 200 if you have use for the other parts.

I hear the TVP plates from the Axial kit make great throwing stars if you sharpen the tips :D :hehe:

Last edited:
Back