Radiolink radio gear is in reverse

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BsudRC

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
Got my reciever put in new Mojave 4s. I got a new radiolink and when I pull the trigger for forward it goes in reverse. And reverse goes forward. How do I get this switched??

need to go into options and reverse Throttle control from either fwd to rev or vise versa

go into channel reverse if on the 8x
if on the 4gs or 6gs go to REV
change CH2 or TH to reverse
should be fixed

If on the RC8X:
Go into the main menu, go to Channel reverse (should be under basic settings)
Switch CH2 to reverse (or if already on reverse switch it back to normal)
And it should be resolved

If on the 4GS or the 6GS
Go to the main menu by holding the enter and exit buttons
Go to REV menu
Change TH to reverse (or if already on reverse switch it back to normal)
And it should be resolved

If not resolved it is most likely the motor direction. If it is a sensorless system, you can change direction in ESC settings or flip around the motor wires. If a sensored system, go into the esc settings and reverse the motor direction.

Last edited:
go into channel reverse if on the 8x
if on the 4gs or 6gs go to REV
change CH2 or TH to reverse
should be fixed
Yep I think that fixed now I got to figure out how to get it stopped from spinning and I don't have trigger pulled. I hate relearning radios!

I would always recalibrate the esc if I bind a new radio/receiver or rebind it, try recalibrating and see if it fixes it.

If not, make sure throttle trims are set to 0 or center. If you have the 8X you can go into calibration and calibrate the trigger so its calibrated to know there neutral is.

I would always recalibrate the esc if I bind a new radio/receiver or rebind it, try recalibrating and see if it fixes it.

If not, make sure throttle trims are set to 0 or center. If you have the 8X you can go into calibration and calibrate the trigger so its calibrated to know there neutral is.
I have the rc6gs

Recalibrate the radio. scroll through the menu and make sure it doesn’t have like a throttle trim turned up, with the radiolink though I can’t recall if it has something like that.

Last edited:
Recalibrate the radio. scroll through the menu and make sure I doesn’t have like a throttle trim turned up, with the radiolink though I can’t recall if it has something like that.
I recalibrated the radio now I have no throttle at all forward or reverse??

**Well nevermind after calibration I had no throttle so I just reset the radio and just went in and changed reversed the direction and everything now is good.

Last edited:
Ok got another question....I got this new Radiolink RC6GS to pair with my Mojave 4s. The Steering is very Fast almost too fast to even control the Truck. Can't even touch the wheel that It don't turn quick. How can I adjust this so the steering isn't that sensitive?

On the speed you would decrease if it’s too fast, on the expo, or a steering curve you can also decrease. Did it come with a manual? Radiolink has a good manual filled with explanations

On the speed you would decrease if it’s too fast, on the expo, or a steering curve you can also decrease. Did it come with a manual? Radiolink has a good manual filled with explanations
Yes I do have the manual, I'm just getting confused on the Steering being way to touchy. For my Trail it's just way to sensitive to the point of not being able to control it on my terrain. Just wasn't sure what I needed to do to slow that Steering sensitivity down

I’d say the steering expo or curve. Go into that and bring down the low to mid ranges, and maybe just a small amount up high and try it. You can do it on the fly too, if you’re cranking the steering all the way immediately it could also be tuff to deal with, try a little bit of steering while driving. Know what I mean?

I’d say the steering expo or curve. Go into that and bring down the low to mid ranges, and maybe just a small amount up high and try it. You can do it on the fly too, if you’re cranking the steering all the way immediately it could also be tuff to deal with, try a little bit of steering while driving. Know what I mean?
All I know is I can't even hardly put my hand on the Wheel without the Truck darting to the left or right. That's how sensitive it is!

If your system is non-censored just swap the two outer motor wires where the plug into the ESC. Now your motor will spin in the opposite direction. Fixed.

If your system is non-censored just swap the two outer motor wires where the plug into the ESC. Now your motor will spin in the opposite direction. Fixed.
Motor direction is not the issue
steering servo is too sensitive to the wheel on the transmitter

I would experiment with steering delay and steering speed (turn and return) and steering curve / expo settings.

Steering delay /speed should fix your issue.

This was the question I was answering.
Got my reciever put in new Mojave 4s. I got a new radiolink and when I pull the trigger for forward it goes in reverse. And reverse goes forward. How do I get this switched??

Back