Radio that will run 4 Traxxas Trucks?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eatkins245

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have 4 Traxxas vehicles. Is there a radio that will run them with stock Traxxas equipment ?

I know the factory 2 4 traxxas radios have model memory. If aftermarket, there are radios like the flysky fsgt5 that can.

Are you wanting a certain brand of radio? What radio do you currently have on the trucks? If you want to buy non factory, what's your budget?

Thanks for the help. Just looking for a radio that will run all 4 with stock systems.
Be nice not to take a loan out to buy it :)

https://traxxas.com/sites/default/files/6507-6508-6509-TQi-Manual-120130.pdf

1705077814589.png

If I am reading the Manual right you have to have a TQI esc in the truck. I have two trucks with the BL-2s systems and to with the XL-5 system. I do not want to change the esc's in the trucks.

I just got a FlySky GT5 for my Tekno MT410-2.0, but I also picked up a second receiver and set it up in my Traxxas Rash (Road-Slash). Pretty easy to setup multiple models with this one, and only about $75 for all. Receivers (FS-B6) are about $20 each but they also have a built-in gyro.

Last edited:
If I am reading the Manual right you have to have a TQI esc in the truck. I have two trucks with the BL-2s systems and to with the XL-5 system. I do not want to change the esc's in the trucks.
Are the receivers built into those ESC's?

If you already own a Traxxas TQI radio you should be able to bind it to all your trucks. On your XL-5 truck you may have to change the receivers to TQI ones to make it work, TQI receivers are pretty cheap. To switch trucks all you do is turn your truck off, turn your radio off, then turn your radio back on, and then turn on your other truck, you're good to go.

Based on the models the OP listed, he doesn't have a TQi transmitter, only the TQ, and if his receivers are the 6519 (TQ), they do not support model memory even if he picked up a TQi transmitter.... He would need to upgrade all four receivers to the 6533 (TSM) to use a TQi radio's model memory.

Based on the models the OP listed, he doesn't have a TQi transmitter, only the TQ, and if his receivers are the 6519 (TQ), they do not support model memory even if he picked up a TQi transmitter.... He would need to upgrade all four receivers to the 6533 (TSM) to use a TQi radio's model memory.
So for some stupid reason I was thinking ESC not receivers. So if I pickup four 6533 (TSM) receivers and the TQI radio that is all I need? The radio holds 30 models in memory without the BT module? Sorry for the dumb questions for some reason I could not ramp my head around what I needed.

Back