Racing Engines.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalib

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just got a used mbx6 off roller off of ebay, I wanna try my hand at racing. can someone tell me what's a good racing engine, that's not to expensive? I was looking at a werks engine for about $260, which is around my price range. Is this a good racing engine? What are some others around that price?

Werks makes great stuff. Their B5 is a great motor for the money. If that is your budget then yea, not a lot better than that. If you can extend your budget to $329.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I think it was the B5 that I was looking at, $260 is right at the top of my price range so I think may go ahead and invest in the werks. I got an lrp 30 laying around but I know I can't use that for racing so I gotta find a project drop it in.

take mugen novarossi beat5, I used it on my JQ white and in my mugen 6tr, great power. I use it for racing.

Last edited:
Werks are great budget race engine - the B5 is for a Truggy - use the B6 for a Buggy.

If you are on a budget, just get the standard version . . . the Pro verson is not worth the extra $ - it wont produce any more power as such.

If you consider a Werks as a starter race motor, a big step up would be an OS .21 XZ-B VII.

Back