Racing a Losi 8ight buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Whats the typical race set up for a losi 8ight buggy? I've never raced buggys before. Tekin 2650 on 4S?

I think some where around there, maybe even 2200.

Depends on the type of track and the length of their heats and mains you may want to go with 3,4,or 5s. I would go something more mid range on the motor maybe 1900 kv but best bet would be go down to the track you want to race at and see what other guys are running. It will give you a good idea for a starting point. They will know what works well on that track better than any of us. :). Good luck you are going to have a blast

Well, I have a chance to get a good deal on a lightly used Tekin 2650 I'm tempted to buy another lower KV motor....maybe one that will run on 5S. Its actually kind of a short track.

Hey if it's a good deal grab it. It will work just fine. You may want to gear it down a little for a short track that motor is more top end than low end and on a short track it's more acceleration than top speed. Make sure you pick up a Hotwire to program it. What radio are you using with it?

I'm waiting on my gear, but I purchased a Xray XB808E and a Tekin 1900 motor. I asked around a little, but what helped me out the most on decideing what size motor to get was checking out the team setup sheets from Xray and Tekin and most were running a 1900 motor, so that's what I went with. They say the 1900 is smooth and not over powering.

That will be a crazy buggy.

Being sensored helps a lot with that low to mid range smoothness.

I dont have a racing TX yet I picked up the 2650 cuz I got it for 90 bucks lightly used. I'm tempted to pick up a 1900 or 1700 also and kind of compare the two.

What radio are you looking at? I would get what you have going before buying another motor.

Back