Racer/scaler/crawler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flm_savage

Hardcore RCTalk User
Supporter
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok i have some plans for my new build. Bear in mind this will take a few months to complete because i like to spend and my wife likes to save. :)
Chip cross is behind the scenes on parts of this build as his crawler advice is golden.

Here are the basics. Naturally there will be some build changes but this is the meat and potatoes of the build.

Axial SCX10 (Bought)
Mamba Max Pro
21.5T sensored brushless motor
Proline Powerstroke shocks (Bought)
Jconcepts beadlocks (Bought)
2.2 Flat Irons (Bought)
Summit transmission
pair of 3S 1600 lipos in series :D yes i said series. (Bought)

Well there she is. The build plans. I am going to sell some stuff off to get started but stay tuned, this is going to be a LOOOOONG build

Last edited:
Have any of the parts together yet?

I am going to sell some stuff off to get started but stay tuned

Just the lipos. I finalized most of my plans today but i am still doing research.

Not that its a big deal but I know alot of guys are still having to run external BEC's with that esc with the really high torque servo's like the 8711.

5A@6V will be enough for the stocker for now. I don't plan on running any weight in the tires since it will be a fast truck in 2nd gear so it should last for a little white. I will be adding the 20A bec from castle when the 8711 get installed. It makes a cleaner install than the 10A and will look good with that esc.

Woot ! can't wait til you ship that to my house ! Hey dude long time no see .

i think i might keep this one. haha.

good to see you around man.

Sounds like the making of a sweet rig

i am thinking about just getting the scx10 frame kit and starting off with that. I figure i don't need the tranny, wheels, tires, body or shocks so whats the point in paying for all that. i can get the kit for $50, axles with probably a few upgrades for $100, and then another 50 for a nice set of wheels and tires. its just shocks and links after that for a full roller.

lets get some votes started. 2.2 or 1.9? i am leaning toward 2.2 since it will be a basher as well.

with some proline 8 shooters. nice and lightweight but hold a bead with the best.

first list has been updated. going to pull the trigger on an scx kit monday.

i love the look of the rok lox but i just can't see spending $60 on a set of tires

nice little truck alpine. Is the drivetrain strong? I haven't read much about them honestly.

TO All:
Picking up my scx-10 kit tomorrow. Planning to build it over the weekend. stay tuned

I am going to make an honest attempt to build a decent thread on this one. I always get excited and the thread ends up with beginning and after pictures. I know the scx has been built eleventy-billion times but oh well, make it eleventy-billion and one. :D