R U using a Starter box with your Maxx?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red rado

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I saw this add for a Pro Hobby chassis that allows the use of a starter box.

I remember some time in the past when I first got my max coming across a starter box for the maxx.....

I did an uncle Google search and came up with nothing good.

So if you're using one, please share your info. Or if you know something about this please add info also...

Thanks,
Rich
'03 Supermaxx w/picco .26
'03 NTC3

Last edited:
I am.. but I dupmed my SupermAxx EXT chassis for a JT hybrid chassis. there really aren't any good reliable setups for a high center of gravity maxx.

thanks stretch

Six, which starter box are you using?

well I use either an ofna box like the one strech posted, another ofna box that came with a hyper 7 PBS that my friend gave me, or a trinity starter box. I usually use the hyper 7 box or the trinity one.

I'm curious on this chassis got any links or pics of it?

hmm... I don't see how a starter box could be used with that chassis. It still looks to bolt up to the stock braces and keep the engine way up high. I could see an airplane starter with a rubber wheel being used on that chassis of you have the pipe just up and out of the way though. I'd shoot 2coolRC an email and get more info.

red rado, maybe I misunderstood what you are requesting info on. A chassis or starter box?

both actually , I'd like to use a starter box so which chassis and box should I go with.

http://www.prohobbyracing.com/
also sells a custom starter box for that chassis. but its $$$

that looks interesting, i have always wanted a starter box for my maxx but thought u couldnt use them. i want the supermaxx chassis but the JT hybrid looks kool

hey SixVi6-Camaro, where did u get ur JT chassis from? do u have to make any mods too it? or does everything off the supermaxx stuff work?

bryan

I got my chassis from Stormer hobbies and picked up alt he rest of the parts needed for the conversion off ebay and the LHS. you best bet is to pick up the complete conversion kit from RenegadeRc.

the SM chassis, tank, tranny, center drives, and a few small parts aren't used. Basically unbolt the front and rear suspensions at the bukheads along with the steering and bolt them onto the JT chassis. Compared to the SM chassis the JT is 10x better in handling, reliability, and performance.

Originally posted by red rado
both actually , I'd like to use a starter box so which chassis and box should I go with.

http://www.prohobbyracing.com/
also sells a custom starter box for that chassis. but its $$$
I've run across that set up on eBay, the seller has an ongoing auction there or used to. I believe you may be happier with a setup like Six has or one like mine. It will allow the use of a conventional style starter box. The one in the link looks proprietary to their equipment. I can also use a pull start on mine.

Six, is there enough room for a pull start on the JT chassis?

Yup.. plenty of room for a pull start.

do u guys got a link for the whole conversion??

bryan

kool thankz, looks a hair too much $$ for me right now but i think i will get that in a while.

bryan

Back