Quick Help with Shock springs PLEASE!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rochellcommaj

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
OK guys, I need some help. I know this is an LST question, but I figure the same physics would apply to all monster trucks.

I've lost one of my LST springs. I don't know if I've misplaced it, or if my daughter has added it to her toybox while I wasn't looking. Point being, it's an opportunity to upgrade and the wife even approves :)

What rate spring should I go with on the LST? I was thinking the heavier the better, then I noticed something about not being able to handle large jumps. I've found varied reports as to the stock rates. Some places say it's 5 lbs , while others say it's only 3 lbs.

So I need some advice and I need it quick.

Here are the rates I'm looking at:

2.8 lb
5 lb
5.5 lb
6 lb
7 lb
8 lb

Which ones should I go with? I hear these have weak A-arms, so I don't want to get heavy springs if this is going to make them more prone to failure. Please help me out on this one.

P.S.
Should I get different rates for front and rear? Just another question I thought of. I'll wait to hear b4 I order. I don't want to make a bad decision due to the nitro bug urging me to get this thing going again.... So all information would be greatly appreciated.

C'mon guys. Please. I'll beg if I have too. You usually get everyone answers in like thirty minutes. I really need help. Baaaaad

Last edited:
Maybe I should get this moved to the monster truck forum. Maybe that's where it goes. I dunno, I'm a newbie

I think you will get good answers soon right here, I have found it can take up to 24 hours to get good answers as people are from all around the world here, but mostly US obviously.

Unfortunately I have no clue about your question - sorry. But have you looked in your instructions manual or company website for this? Maybe you will find the info there, but like I said someone more knowledgeable will come around soon - hang in there. :)

I think it is all about you, I dont know much about tuning a rc car but when you jumped did your back end bouce, did your front bounce, did you bottom out, or was it just fine. If it was just fine the way it was, then leave it and just get stock. your backend bounced go down a pound or to, same with your front. If your whole truck bounced then go down a few pounds allaround. If bottomed out then go up a pound or to. Get the Idea?

Also remember that mostly every one is still at work.

i not sure what kind you should get but you pbobably don't want to go really stiff otherwise you won't ride good off of small bumps. it really depends on what kind of driving you are doing. if the stock ones were just slightly to soft then don't go up too much. about going softer in the front i don't know how that works on the lst but that is how i have my revo set up. sorry i didn't give you a straight answer but honestly i don't know anything about the lst. good luck.

Thanks so far. It is just about too soft as it is. I can't find out what the stock rates are, but I think it's a tad too soft. I nearly bottom out on some of my jumps. others, it's pretty good. I dont know for sure what the stock springs are. The losi manual doesn't state it. I come closer to believing horizon hobby, so I think their site sells "stock 5 lb" springs. If the stocks are five pounds, and I go to a 7 or 8 lb rate, How big a difference is this going to be?

I've found some on new era, but they are just 7lb and up to 8.8 . Then on ebay I've found the rates I mentioned before. I'd like to keep the ride height a little taller than it sits with the stock springs and all the spacers in. It just seems a little soft. Most of my running is in gravel pits, pavement, or grass. No racing here. Strictly a basher.

springs!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok her it goes, I have an lst w/ aluminum arms the stock are 3.5lb, I went to losi yellow springs which are 7.4lbs and it is absolutely amzing the difference, it doesn,t bounce nice soft landing I would go w/ the yellow 7.4, good luck :smoke:

Cool, I got me a set of 7lb. I didn't want to wait too long to order them and decided to go ahead and give them a try. I might wind up having to go to aluminum arms, but I can deal with that.

Thanks for the info, and I'm glad I guessed sorta right

Hey if you go w/ aluminum arms shop around I got new era which are great for $160 then found some other companies for around $99, just dont buy Integy they are softer than butter!!!!!!!!