Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zachery0234

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well i have a Axial Crawler and i just rebuilt everything, but i have had a problem with steering, I have tryed two different servo's and i cannot get it to turn worth a crap any suggestions???

are they week servos? does it not turn well if you hold it up off the ground? what radio are you using?

could be weak servos, could be EPA settig on radio. may have some binding going on.
what servo and radio setup (EPAs if available).

well I'm leaving for now, so if you are just using some really week servos and trying to crawl and having the problem of it not turning against them rocks its because you need to use a high torque servo...if you radio has epa's make sure they arent set to only allow it to turn just a bit, adjust them out till it turns all the way left and right and them set them just alittle before that...also how high up on your horn do you have the steering arm attached? if its really high and up by the gear it might not allow it to turn like it needs too...

+1 on whats been said so far, one other thing you need to realize is that if your crawler is like most, then it is locked in full time 4WD and that makes it hard to turn sharp because there is no diff, it is just one of those things that comes with crawlers, you might also think about installing a dig, this will allow you to turn much sharper in a lot situations.

Well i think that i got it fixed the Radio i was using is bad i think i am using a Hi torque servo I was using a HPI radio but i changed it to a Futaba radio and now it works great, better than it ever has. So hopefully it will work for awhile. thanx for everything

DSCF1184.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCF1186.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCF1187.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCF1188.jpg

I just got done doing all kinds of mods to it when i took these pics the other day what do ya guys think not much but for a novice i don't think it is that bad :).Don't have to many action shots cause i don't really have a place to take it but, this summer a buddy of mine has about 150 acers with a real rocky creek and lots of steep rock inclines!!!

looks great man, i like the chassis, looks sweet...thanks for sharing.

Look good!!!! I like the anodized green chassis as well...one thing I might suggest is to change out your battery connectors for some Deans plugs they work much better with less resistance....

Since i am building this little project i am wondering how do i water proof the Electronics. i am sure there are plenty of ways??

i have heard from other people that it is good to try and put the ESC in a water tight box of some sort what is your guys opion and what would u guys use?

on a scaler yeah, is this gonna be your scaler? if so and you plan on submerging it then yeah its a good idea...

well, like a axial ax10 wich you have is a rock crawler, but, if you try to make it look real like a 1:1 vehicle (actual truck, like a chevy pickup for example) it becaumes a scaler, you would need a different chassis and stuff to make it a scaler but alot of guys water proof their scalers so they can submerge them under water...if you are just using yours as a rock crawler then theres no need to go that indepth with water proofing...

these are examples of the difference between crawlers and scaler (yes I'm using mine :) lol)
heres my scaler
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67360

heres my mane crawler
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67476