Question for WoodiE.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do get to still run my RC's. My son and daughter both are enjoys running the RC's too so that's given more of a reason to get out there and enjoy it. The last few months though I haven't ran anything as it's either been to cold, snowing or wet and I'm not one of those guys that likes running his toys in the water... no matter how waterproof they are. :D

Good to know your still able to enjoy the hobby, even better with your family. :thumbs-up: I understand not wanting to run in foul weather conditions, I don't like cleaning up the mess and waterproofing.

I do get to still run my RC's. My son and daughter both are enjoys running the RC's too so that's given more of a reason to get out there and enjoy it. The last few months though I haven't ran anything as it's either been to cold, snowing or wet and I'm not one of those guys that likes running his toys in the water... no matter how waterproof they are. :D
I too try to avoid water at all costs, wet streets and near-dried up puddles are the wettest I get my rigs. That goes for snow, mud, sand and dust too, I find the aftermath not at all worth the "fun". I couldn't enjoy myself either driving in those conditions knowing the work that's cut out for me afterwards (I'm one of those guys who tries to keep his RCs clean and in good condition)

Last edited:
I'm the same way, I hate the cold.
Freezing my fingers and toes off ain't fun...I don't love the peak summer either, as it's hotter (so temps go up too), and importantly (to me at least), it gets pretty dang dusty, and as I said I try my best to keep my rigs clean, so a super dusty rig just makes my inner cleaner nearly lose it! 🤣🤣 Winter is more slushy, but at least water wipes off, dust gets EVERYWHERE and is a pain! So I guess I like spring time, early/late summer, fall, and early/late winter the most then? Basically I don't like the extremes!
I think I'm just ranting at this point...
I love the cold, then I get to have hot chocolate! :)
Do you like the hot and a cool drink? I do!

You can find me in my kayak all summer long but the wife and I run our crawlers usually when we are up camping in the cool mountains.
I prefer to run my bashers out at the sand dunes.

You can find me in my kayak all summer long but the wife and I run our crawlers usually when we are up camping in the cool mountains.
I prefer to run my bashers out at the sand dunes.
Makes sense! I forgot, I HATE sand, when I have my RCs! Don't even get me started...sure, I'll happily bash with you in the dunes, while driving one of your rigs! 🤣🤣 Not interested in the aftermath of driving in the sand!

Freezing my fingers and toes off ain't fun...I don't love the peak summer either, as it's hotter (so temps go up too), and importantly (to me at least), it gets pretty dang dusty, and as I said I try my best to keep my rigs clean, so a super dusty rig just makes my inner cleaner nearly lose it! 🤣🤣 Winter is more slushy, but at least water wipes off, dust gets EVERYWHERE and is a pain! So I guess I like spring time, early/late summer, fall, and early/late winter the most then? Basically I don't like the extremes!
I think I'm just ranting at this point...

Do you like the hot and a cool drink? I do!

I'm not a fan of the heat so much, I guess it's because I get almost four months of 100+ temps in the summer.

Heat or (most) cold don't bother me. I can take 100+ easily, all day long. For the cold, I don't like just being in it, but if I am out doing something (hunting or fishing generally) it is not a big deal.

Heat didn't bother me when I was younger, I think a lot of it has to do with my blood pressure meds.

And to think, I thought woodie was bot made if wood. :)
Uh oh, ye gonna get it now! (if anyone knows that reference....Kevin Talbot, YT, joke)
Heat or (most) cold don't bother me. I can take 100+ easily, all day long. For the cold, I don't like just being in it, but if I am out doing something (hunting or fishing generally) it is not a big deal.
Teach me how to cope with high temps too! 🤣🤣 Even though I don't experience them much

I don't know how to teach that - it just don't bother me. I have several people tell me when it comes to handling the heat that I am tougher than fried coyote.