Question for VBulletin wizards

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharliesTheMan

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm having a problem on a forum where I'm a member, and I thought maybe you guys could shed some light on the situation. Everything was working fine, and then all of a sudden I lost everything. And I don't think it was just to shut me up, because I have almost no posts. This is the only site that I'm a post whore, don't have time for any others lmao. I'm getting an error message, and I talked to one of the mods that looked the situation over and can't find anything wrong with my account.

I thought maybe one of the mods or admins here or on other sites may have had the same problem in the past, and be able to shed some light on the situation. It's frustrating because I have some things I need to do, it's a business forum, so it's more important than if I was just shooting the (censored).

Problem number 1 is that my PM's are gone. There is no PM information in the top right corner like usual, and when I follow a link to my private messages, it says "You have 14 messages stored, of a total of 0 allowed"

The other thing thats obviously wrong is that if I try to post something, create a thread, send a PM, or basically do anything besides read, I get this message: "CharliesTheMan, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. "

I had used the forum fine, upgraded my membership, and then used it fine again for a little while, and then everything went to hell in a handbasket as they say.

So forum experts, is there a setting somewhere that I might have changed or disabled on my end of things? Or is it most likely a setting somewhere that the admin is going to have to change? It was weird that it just happened all of a sudden, after I had changed some things on my profile or what have you.

I tried the cookies and cache but that wasn't it. Ha, maybe you're right NC. Anyway, I got in touch with the admin and he got it straightened out. It all seems to be fine now, turns out it wasn't something I screwed up, for once lol.

Maybe I'm being stalked, and I should create a new identiy

I was an Admin/Mod at a board that used that system. I'm certainly not an expert at running one, but I noticed with ours that if we didn't upgrade to their newest version of software, we would start to have really weird issues. Had any other members had issues lately?
On occasion we would have to delete someone's account and start it back up for them. Down side of course is they lose all their PM info and any links/pics they submitted were gone. If I remember correctly, they were not the best company at support for people using their software.

LOL when I was getting our php nuke site up and running for our online gaming thing. I must have nuked the site 3 times in one day. I would have it all looking good people are posting then I would see a neat little add-on I wanted to try upload it and poof its all gone. I would then here Fasterdenu on Ventrilo say "GrudgE! WTF did you just do?" I would simply reply "I have no Clue?".

MrClean, there haven't been any other issues and it's a brand new forum, the software has only been installed a week or two, so I think it's current. I'm pretty sure it was just a setting that got turned off or disabled or something during the switch from member to vendor, everything is up and running now though so it's all good. I was just wanting to know in case it was something I did, but apparently it was just one problem that had shut me down entirely. Like Joe said, everyone is out to get me.

MrClean, there haven't been any other issues and it's a brand new forum, the software has only been installed a week or two, so I think it's current. I'm pretty sure it was just a setting that got turned off or disabled or something during the switch from member to vendor, everything is up and running now though so it's all good. I was just wanting to know in case it was something I did, but apparently it was just one problem that had shut me down entirely. Like Joe said, everyone is out to get me.

I didn't handle the changes made to the 'status' of members, but I would say you are probably right, that it happened in the move.

Back