Question Best lipos that fit in the X-Maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReeV0

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,

I realise there are already a dozen topics on this question but after searching I could only really find ones from around 2016/2017. So was wondering if there is newer information since then.

I have just purchased a brand new X-Maxx 8s and am looking for a couple of 4s lipos. Everyone seems to be running the Traxxas lipos but to be honest they seem very expensive and have a very low discharge C rating. Just curious as to the best lipos available that would fit in the X-Maxx battery trays.

Thanks for any advice

Zeee LiPos are pretty popular right now for budget LiPos. As for if the pack will fit you'll just have to take some measurements of the battery compartments or look up the Traxxas lipos that fit and see what the dimensions are of those packs.

Last edited:
Yeah man I've been looking for the same thing. Don't really want to spend 140 on batteries my self. Because u just can't have one set. little ridiculous IMO. And not to sure about using a adapter either new to the whole lipo battery game. Shout out to Graywolf74 he's been a big help thanks. And welcome aboard bud

I've been looking at the HRB or the zee batteries like graywolf said.

Hi all,

I realise there are already a dozen topics on this question but after searching I could only really find ones from around 2016/2017. So was wondering if there is newer information since then.

I have just purchased a brand new X-Maxx 8s and am looking for a couple of 4s lipos. Everyone seems to be running the Traxxas lipos but to be honest they seem very expensive and have a very low discharge C rating. Just curious as to the best lipos available that would fit in the X-Maxx battery trays.

Thanks for any advice
I did a 30 second google search for "Xmaxx battery tray size" and found this:

"I got a general reading on calipers at 170x43x48 , my kershaw 3s 8000 measure out at 165x41x35 and with wires just squeezed in."

Yeah I was reading that post.last nite mater a fact haha.

So many dam batteries my God very overwhelming.

So many dam batteries my God very overwhelming.
Yeah, I felt the same way years back when I first got in to it. I remember the first LiPo charger I bought didnt have balancing capabilities. You used to have to use a stand alone balancer while the pack was being charged. The Duratrax ICE charger. I remember getting that thing and looking at the menus trying to figure out what settings to put. Sooooooooo many things to set compared to modern day chargers. I had no clue what I was doing at first lol

Oh wow yeah that definitely would be confusing I bet.i mean I used to run electric back when only nimh or nicd were being used . Its been a while lol.last electric I ran was the kyosho pro x that I still have.that I want to convert to brushless also

I still have my ICE charger as well as my Astro Blinky standalone balancer for nostalgia's sake :)

20210512_124353.jpg
20210512_124514.jpg
20210512_124520.jpg

Oh man that's cool. I'm sure back then lipos where even more of a fire hazard. They have come a long way.

Back