Question about proper packing when shipping batteries

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wacmartin

DAMN TREES
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello guys, so I ordered 2 SMC batteries from the Canadian distributor, and honestly I'm not impressed with there packing job at all. None of the batteries look to be damaged from the outside, but I don't know if there could be any damage internally. Maybe you guys could help me out with that, and what would you do in this situation? Would you use batteries that were shipped like this?

20170203_083201.jpg
20170203_083405.jpg
20170203_083245.jpg
20170203_083305.jpg
20170203_083424.jpg

You are going to put them in a car and bash them around anyway. I suspect they survived shipping in an undamaged box just fine.

They do look fine, and the box isn't damaged. I'm just very cautious about lipo batteries, and with hard case's it can be tricky to see if there's any damage. Oh well there doesn't seem to be any puffing, I'll put them on the charger tonight and then discharge them to storage that should give me sign of what shape the cells are in. I also did pick up an ammo case for all my lipos today. Also regardless I think there should have been some sort of packing in there at least some newspaper.

Is the bubble wrap in the boxes insufficient or damaged? The boxes that the batteries came in appear to be in good shape. While I do understand your concern, I would think that the abuse your rc will put the bats thru will well exceed any knocking around they took during shipping. They've come 'pre-tested' ;)

When I order from revolectrix my lipos come wrapped in bubble wrap, boxed individually, boxes are taped together, then bubble wrapped again, and finally sealed in a shipping bag (white plastic bag with shipping label taped to the side), and that's it, you should be happy you got a box!

The majority of the bubble wrap is popped, ask me how I know that:D, that in itself was a let down I had almost nothing to pop. As for abuse in the Savage Flux, well I buy the same size batteries every time because I've packed the battery boxes pretty tight with the extra foam the truck came with. Well they see some abuse, I've tried to minimize that

When I order from revolectrix my lipos come wrapped in bubble wrap, boxed individually, boxes are taped together, then bubble wrapped again, and finally sealed in a shipping bag (white plastic bag with shipping label taped to the side), and that's it, you should be happy you got a box!
Well that's brutal, maybe I should be happy I got a box.

plastic is fuel ,if it catches on fire!...:hehe:
q
I have no idea what you mean!

All the bubble wrapped popped would Def give me a sad face... But it does appear that the product made it there in good shape.

It seems to me that shipping batteries in a Lipo battery bag would be a requirement of the shipping company. Even if it costs the purchaser a couple bucks more, then you would Def have a bag that you need to use when shipping and storing anyways! Honestly, how much do you suppose these bags cost the hobby shops??? I know the bags aren't designed for impact protection, but another layer of safety all the way around can't be a bad thing!!! It would also force the shipper to actually check the condition of the batteries and their packing prior to shipping! Wouldn't that be nice???!!!

Every time i go to the post office to ship something
they ask if theres lipos in that little envelope

diferent postal service, probably.
gubment people down here in the US are assholes, pretty much for the most part

Back