question about failsafe on electric truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beason

Bash, Fix, Repeat..
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I am working on the recon-maxx project and plan on using my nomadio for the radio setup. this leads me to my question.

The nomadio has a built in failsafe. Would it be logical to set the failsafe to say 1/8th or so reverse?

my logic behind this is: if I'm driving and run out of range, more then likely I'm driving away from me,(at least in the general direction) so if the failsafe kicks in from out of range, the truck will back up and i will regain connection.

keep in mind this truck will not be fast, and i will be driving from a wireless camera setup.

any ideas would help guys. I'm trying to make this truck as "reliable" as possible. If I'm driving at night, 100 yards away and loose it, i don't want to have to go finding it.

I'm also equipping it with very large tires, lower gearing, front and rear wheelie bars, and eventually lead acid batteries for long run times.

My advise is to just set the failsafe to bring it to a complete stop where it is, and then turn off your TX till you get to it, or at least get within a safe range. I wouldn't advise reverse, especially at night.

I agree with Rolex. You should set the failsafe to stop the truck. You really don't want to move the truck if you can't see where you're going.

Back