Purple Savage dish rims?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCNITRO

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Boating
Need some advice... What do you guys think of these white dishes iam spraying purple for my savage 🤔

Attachments

• 20211010_210055.jpg
    20211010_210055.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 62
Unfortunately, painted wheels look nice but the paint don't last long at all. Speaking from experience mind you.

I agree dye it. Maybe try a vinyl wrap?

throw some clear vinyl on those then they might last a few runs..

No joke but the paint looks awesome...gave it a fue coats of lacker as well . Why do you guys not like the saint

Ok, that makes more sense. I read that and I was like ??? lol. The paint color is fine I just dont like painting my rims cuz it will get damaged and flake/clip off. Thats why most people usually use RIT dye and dye their wheels/parts.

I have a horrible time typing N's and M's, I always hit the spacebar instead, I find myself going back and correcting two out of three posts. :doh:

No joke but the paint looks awesome...gave it a fue coats of lacker as well . Why do you guys not like the saint
It's not that we don't like it. Did a good job. But painting plastic doesn't last long especially rims. It's better to die the plastic parts. Gets a better bond. And won't chip or flake off.
With the paint there is a bunch of process that goes along with painting plastic parts. Cleaning sanding priming then painting then clear coat... it looks good just better way to do color changes these days. Sorry bud wasn't hating on the paint job looks good...👍👍

I am very glad for the post - I'd have painted them too; I learned a lot in this beatdown 😂. However - just looking a painted rims did nothing for me - now...had you mounted tires to them and strapped them on the chassis and body, I would be more likely to comment one way or the other.

Last edited:
I am very glad for the post - I'd have painted them too; I learned a lot in this beatdown 😂. However - just looking a painted rims did nothing for me - now had you mounted tires to them and strapped them on the chassis and body, I would be more likely to comment one way or the other.
They don't really look like rims.. they look like big mentos..😉🤣🤣
Just busting busting chops 👍👍

It's not that we don't like it. Did a good job. But painting plastic doesn't last long especially rims. It's better to die the plastic parts. Gets a better bond. And won't chip or flake off.
With the paint there is a bunch of process that goes along with painting plastic parts. Cleaning sanding priming then painting then clear coat... it looks good just better way to do color changes these days. Sorry bud wasn't hating on the paint job looks good...👍👍
No bro I know don't worry iam not thinking anything bad at all I was just wondering why you guys where saying about the die a vinyl ECT . I did sand it with a fue different grits from 120 up to 500 grit and I gave it a fue coats of gray primer before I did the purple and clear coat . I'll see how it goes it's a learning process for me too as iam not experienced in spray paint at all . That for all the help lads 🤠

No bro I know don't worry iam not thinking anything bad at all I was just wondering why you guys where saying about the die a vinyl ECT . I did sand it with a fue different grits from 120 up to 500 grit and I gave it a fue coats of gray primer before I did the purple and clear coat . I'll see how it goes it's a learning process for me too as iam not experienced in spray paint at all . That for all the help lads 🤠
Nicely done sir 👍 you didn't say all that 🤣😉. And you can use the rit to die vinyl just so you are aware. Rit is a fabric die. That pretty much dies everything it touches.. good job see you know what your doing