Purchased my first crawler... TRX-4M

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

305HemiGuy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, up until this point I've been into bashing, but I recently decided to give crawling try. I just picked up a Defender TRX-4M. I really appreciate the scale looks of these little things, you don't really find that in the bashing world. I've also got bitten by the upgrade bug already, as Injora makes a TON of accessories for this platform 😁 My 6 year old son is great at driving our larger Arrma rigs, but I can tell he enjoys driving this way more, perhaps it's the low speed & maneuverability. Any tips or recommendations are appreciated...I think I'll start with the lighting kit.

20230506_150349.jpg

My friend did buy this too, He loves it.
He will sell his old micro 1/24 crawler because they are too smal for him. He likes crawling outside.
These M18 can be ok after mods outside use also.

The 2022 Capra mini 1/18 is cool, these can crawl very decent outside

open1.jpg

I have 1/10 Crawler, old good Competition rig . This can take the most hard places.
And one 1/10 Scale crawler cheap 2speed Land Rover Defender :) from China. Decent, i like it

I belive these new trx4 mini are best Scale trail trucks now.
There is tons of hop ups too

The TRX-4M's are nice. I wish all crawler bodies attatched like theirs. Have fun and enjoy! :) I picked up both the Defender and the Bronco.

Thanks gentlemen, I appreciate it. @Doom! This is my first experience with the Traxxas clipless body mount system, and I must say it is quite amazing. @luke66 I will definitely be getting that lighting kit, I saw Injora has one they just releases for a fraction of the cost of the Traxxas kit.

keep in mind that the injora kit may not have brake/reverse lights like the traxxas kit. weigh your choices carefully.

(edit) i looked at the lights they are super cheap. but the traxxas ones are most likely way easier than those. and those will not have the brake/reverse lights like the traxxas kit. id say stick with the kits traxxas made.

keep in mind that the injora kit may not have brake/reverse lights like the traxxas kit. weigh your choices carefully.

(edit) i looked at the lights they are super cheap. but the traxxas ones are most likely way easier than those. and those will not have the brake/reverse lights like the traxxas kit. id say stick with the kits traxxas made.
Thanks man, I appreciate it! Luckily the light kits aren't an arm & a leg like most Traxxas products.

Hey guys, up until this point I've been into bashing, but I recently decided to give crawling try. I just picked up a Defender TRX-4M. I really appreciate the scale looks of these little things, you don't really find that in the bashing world. I've also got bitten by the upgrade bug already, as Injora makes a TON of accessories for this platform 😁 My 6 year old son is great at driving our larger Arrma rigs, but I can tell he enjoys driving this way more, perhaps it's the low speed & maneuverability. Any tips or recommendations are appreciated...I think I'll start with the lighting kit.

View attachment 165147
Sweet!
As is with any crawler (especially minis), adding weight down low is always a good idea. Finding wheel weights that fit might be tricky, but wheel weights/hubs, knuckles, axles, etc. helps

Wheels and tires for grip, oh, and get some metal trailing arms, as I've heard the stock plastics are super flexy.
Thanks man, I appreciate it! Luckily the light kits aren't an arm & a leg like most Traxxas products.
Reminds me of $150 UDR light kit 🤣

Sweet!
As is with any crawler (especially minis), adding weight down low is always a good idea. Finding wheel weights that fit might be tricky, but wheel weights/hubs, knuckles, axles, etc. helps

Wheels and tires for grip, oh, and get some metal trailing arms, as I've heard the stock plastics are super flexy.

Reminds me of $150 UDR light kit 🤣
then traxxas just put it on for free! making people wish they wouldve waited :hehe:

Back