Punisher xp 6s

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnymods

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I received a punisher xp6s, I have driven it about 6 times…. Now when I pull the trottle I hear a crunching sound, if I pull the throttle slowly I don’t hear it. I brought a new centre diff, checked and filled front and rear yet I still hear it.
Can anyone tell how to fix it or shall I send it back .
Thanks.

Welcome in @Johnnymods , first thing I would check is your spur gear to see if any teeth are broken off, second, if the spur and pinion looks good then check the mesh, it could have slipped. Third and this is the worst one but not terrible, check your diffs.

You had the diffs apart? You didn't see any wear or missing teeth? Maaaybe one of the dogbones is bent and it starts flapping around and hitting something when you floor it. But sounds like diff trouble.

Welcome in @Johnnymods , first thing I would check is your spur gear to see if any teeth are broken off, second, if the spur and pinion looks good then check the mesh, it could have slipped. Third and this is the worst one but not terrible, check your diffs.
Ok I will check my diffs again ,i don’t think it the centre diff as I just brought and put in a new one from corally…I will check the mesh, it seems so bulking and strong like it won’t move, I will try it all.
Thanks

It's rarely the center diff. Usually rear goes first.

Back