JLB Cheetah 120A 21101 No Control

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DamageHigh

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to RC cars and I bought my first "serious" RC truck, it's JLB Cheetah 120A. I ordered the RC from Banggood and when it arrived during the first run I noticed there is a second delay on the throttle, brake and steering. I reported it immediately to Banggood and support doesn't care, after months of fighting with Banggood customer support I gave up. First it was just a second delay what ever I pressed on the Remote control and then with time it got worse to the point RC is completely uncontrollable and dangerous (see the video). When I turn on Remote and then RC somethimes it doesn't connect, so I have to turn it off and turn it on again, when it connects it steers to the full left and gives max trottle, when I press brake or anything else on remote it doesn't react at all. I want to fix it, so far I tried -

1 - Replacing Remote Control and receiver I bought Dumbo 6 channel remote with X6FG receiver - it did not fix the problem
2 - I reprogrammed the ESC to the default settings - no luck
3 - Calibrate neutral, trottle and brake point to ESC - again no luck

After all those attempts RC just steers to full left and gives itself max trottle, it doesn't react to anything. As you can see videos are posted last year in September, couple of days ago I took it from strorage and nothing changed, when I turn it on it steers to the left and gives full trottle. Now I suspect the ESC is the problem, but before buying anything I want to hear from experienced RC enthusiast what they would recommend.
Thank you for the help

not sure what battery you are using but that would be my 1st thing to check and replace,,

not sure what battery you are using but that would be my 1st thing to check and replace,,
Thanks for the fast reply! Battery? I would never suspect it has to do anything with the battery, but then again I'm complete newbie so...I'm using battery which came with the RC - 11.1V 30c 4000Mah hard case

30 c is the reason... try something with way more c. like 65 +. i never use anything under 100c. some say c is pure bull but its not

30 c is the reason... try something with way more c. like 65 +. i never use anything under 100c. some say c is pure bull but its not
Are you sure that’s the problem? Every JLB Cheetah comes with same 30c battery I searched on the forums if anybody else had similar issues and I couldn’t find any. I also did a lot of research before buying JLB Cheetah and everybody recommended the car, it’s super fun and strong performer, nobody mentioned that provided battery is a weak point and needs to be replaced. I think I just got a RC with quality problem :(

Progress! I recalibrated Remote control and not steering and trottle works, brake seems to work as well, but reverse doesn’t work…

False alarm, it’s uncontrollable again for no reason. I tried again bidding receiver, calibrated remote and checked ESC programming and everything seems to be ok, but RC refuses to work, same symptoms as before…

ESC replaced with Surpass Hobby 120A Brushless and nothing changed, it gives itself full throttle and steers to left

I just ordered 80c 11.1V 5200Mah 3S battery, let’s see if that will fix the problem

should have stuck to 2 cell 3 is way to much
What’s the reason? It comes with 3S out of the box, some say it can run on 4S as well, but I’m happy with the level of performance with 3S battery. Thanks

Battery arrived I just put it in the RC and same thing happens…
I will returned previously ordered ESC and order a new one, because it doesn’t have a Set button, so I couldn’t calibrate the ESC I just plugged it in.

I ordered a third Dumbo RC 6CH remote and that fixed the problem. I replaced receiver and remote and it was working perfectly fine, then I paired new receiver with old remote and again it was working like it should, after that I tried to put old receiver in the RC and pair it with the new remote controller and same thing happened, it gives itself full throttle and steers to the left. Entire time the problem was the receiver. I can't believe that the second Remote Control (receiver) had the same problem like the one which came with RC. But it's solved and that is the most important thing. I've been playing with the RC for more than one week and it's working flawlessly.

Back