pulling shock ends off HELP!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beason

Bash, Fix, Repeat..
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i keep ripping the shock ends off my revo. It used to be the rear of the truck, now the front is doing it as well. after a hard bumble or cartwheel the shock end has pulled off and i normally loose the spring perch. this last time i ripped the same one i just fixed off in under 5 minutes. so its not wear or old plastic.

i have rpm arms in front and tekno ext in rear, p2 rockers, traxxas hollow rods with one spacer on each end and the rods in the middle hole on the arms.

has anyone seen this issue before??

i also noticed there are 2 holes for the upper arm pins in the front of the truck. mine are in the top, could moving them to the bottom help?

thanks in advance!

I had this problem once when I had my plastic ones. I solved it by getting aluminum ends, then using a crap load of lock tight to glue the on really good. So far no more problems. Might want to give it a shot. GH makes good ends, it what I bought.

i thought about that, but have you broke anything else by replacing this weak link? i didnt want to start snapping shock shafts or anything..

Nope, when I up graded my ends I went ahead and replaced the shafts too with the gtr, which are alot stronger then stockers. Seems to work really well, GH has there chit together on revo shock ends, when I first saw how they worked I thought thats kinda dumb, but then I tried it and there smooth as butter. Heres a pic of my set up.
CIMG0249.jpg

No those are lungsford rocker mounts. I dont think GH makes rocker mounts, otherwise id probally have them lol.

i run the integy shocks... work great for me...... just a heads up though, you probably wont be able to use the sway bar kits offered by traxxas or tekno with the integy shocks... I'm pretty sure the reservoirs get in the way, i haven't tried it myself

Back