Unknown vintage 1/10 2wd electric 80's buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAVAGETITAN

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
What vintage 1/10 2wd 80's electric buggy has a Kyosho Scorpion chassis with trailing arm front suspension, and a very Marui Hunter looking rear end gearbox/A arms with mono shock rear suspension, running on Kyosho Scorpion/Tomahawk wheels/tires? I don't know but it's for sale on the other site, from Italy. It bothers me that I can't find it online or reference to anything similar. Thanks for any help.

What vintage 1/10 2wd 80's electric buggy has a Kyosho Scorpion chassis with trailing arm front suspension, and a very Marui Hunter looking rear end gearbox/A arms with mono shock rear suspension, running on Kyosho Scorpion/Tomahawk wheels/tires? I don't know but it's for sale on the other site, from Italy. It bothers me that I can't find it online or reference to anything similar. Thanks for any help.

Tamyia Frog maybe!..🤔

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4039062798...%3D|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2047675&epid=12014198400

394621720612 this is the items listing number, I'm not sure of how to link or if I can because of rules.
It is most definitely not a Tamiya Frog. It has a spring type rear bumper reminiscent of a proline made for rc10. No it's not an rc10

That is not a Scorpion chassis. It looks like a customized Tamiya, with the front shock towers installed backwards. Nothing I would be interested in. This is a Scorpion chassis...
20221224_083503.jpg

20221224_085252.jpg

This ebay listing?... item 394621720612

1684073067683.png

Reminds me of early AYK models. I don't know how far back AYK began in the RC hobby. I do know that I so badly wanted the Buffalo, and Sidewinder back in the day.

This is an AYK Super Trail which looks similar to what is shown in ebay listing, but not a match.
1684073971250.png

1684074019057.png

I couldn't find anything earlier than AYK's 1982 RC buggy.

Last edited:
This ebay listing?... item 394621720612

View attachment 165520

Reminds me of early AYK models. I don't know how far back AYK began in the RC hobby. I do know that I so badly wanted the Buffalo, and Sidewinder back in the day.

This is an AYK Super Trail which looks similar to what is shown in ebay listing, but not a match.
View attachment 165521
View attachment 165522
I couldn't find anything earlier than AYK's 1982 RC buggy.
Ahh, that does look like it. Never seen one of those before.

Ahh, that does look like it. Never seen one of those before.
Almost like it. That AYK thing was from 1982? Before my time. Well, I think I jumped onboard this crazy hobby in 1983. You know... no interwebs back then to do this fun RC rabbit hole research stuff. Back then I was outside all day riding bike and doing whatnots, and cranking back that 15 minute timer on the charger for maybe a 4 minute bash session... :oops: 😆 ;)

Almost like it. That AYK thing was from 1982? Before my time. Well, I think I jumped onboard this crazy hobby in 1983. You know... no interwebs back then to do this fun RC rabbit hole research stuff. Back then I was outside all day riding bike and doing whatnots, and cranking back that 15 minute timer on the charger for maybe a 4 minute bash session... :oops: 😆 ;)
Yup. That was me as well. I bought my first rc in 83. A Marui Big Bear.

Well I don't know what Tamiya had a ladder frame chassis that was a car or buggy, I know of the trucks. Yes that is the correct listing pic. I still think it looks like I originally described, but I don't have one of all the models I referenced. I have one of the AYK Super trail 566B that one of you posted a pic of, I have a Sidewinder as well. It looks to be in good overall condition, I just don't know what it is. Thx

Back