Pull start question regarding drill start. See video

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont believe that would be a problem since that plate is actually for the pull start. If you take those 4 screws out that rod your turning over with the drill is connected to it. The other side of the plate is a little notch that is connected to the connecting rod (if I remember right its the connecting rod) that spins the engine. Just dont drill in the the wrong direction. I would still feel safer replacing the pull start honestly. To lengthen the life of your pull start and engine heat up your engine as close to operating temp as possible. A hair dryer will work if your dont have a heat gun and makes a highly noticeable difference when starting your engine. Heat it up by blowing heat on the engine case, cooling head, and the flywheel. I also like to heat up my aluminum pipe a little just to keep that extra little heat inside the engine.

I know what you mean about heating up the engine. I used to drive to the parking lot that I was going to drive the car and I would put the remote-controlled car in the floorboard and turn the heater on and by the time I got there it would start on the first pull.

Ohh yeah it makes a huge difference, but like I said, starting it with the drill like that shouldnt be an issue. Also RC10GTs are RWD so you dont have to worry much about rocks flying around from the front tires and if you have a body on it too I dont see an issue.