Pull start and electric start NEWB question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rustler2.5

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
on a 2.5 on the rustler, can you have a pull start as a back up of the elec. start? i was reading a auction and it said "what everyone should have in there tool box" does this mean that if you have trouble with the elec. start to can quick put one on, or does it take alot of work? and alot are pull start really hard to start the car with? because if it's not, why not just have one on the car all the time? as you can see, not very skilled with cars, any help would be great, thanks

The electrick start if fine.People dont like it because it adds wieght.If you have you engine tuned right it shoud only take around 5 pulls.

That I know of, there's no way to run both the electric start and the pull start at the same time. Normally to convert to a pull from an elec. you have to pull the engine from the vehicle and remove one to install the other. Now, I don't know if anyone has chopped up an electric start and somehow rigged it up where there is a pullstart mated to it.... it's an interesting idea, but this would be a totally custom project.
Unless rigged up as described above, to have a pullstart as a backup would be pretty much pointless unless the elec. start was just broke (what I mean is that there is more to it than just a dead battery). It would take 5 times as long to pull one to put on the other than it would to just charge up the battery. (but if you're running any kind of elec. start system you should always have 1 or 2 backup batteries)

i liek the pull start 10 times better than the electric start. my truck starts within 5 pulls. when i had the electric start my starter always died on me in the middle of a run and pissed me off.

bryan

I like the ez-start. Never had a problem using it. I don't like the pull start. If I didn't have the electric start I would use a starter box.

I have a .15 T Maxx with the ez start and at first when it was running right I liked it. Then I got me another T Maxx with O.S. motor and a pullstart and it sucked at first. No since I got everything tuned right it fires up on the third to fourth pull. It is better because you dont have to worry about going out bashing and finding out that your ez start aint charged and there you are stuck with no juice to fire it up, while others with pullstarts just pull away.

bump

is is possible to "bump start" a RC car?

If you are meaning "bump start" as in the way you would a real car with say a 4 speed manual transmission, I don't think you can, the "bump start" that I have heard being talked about in these forums is done with a starter box.........I just got my first Nitro car (HPI Savage 25 RTR) it came with the "roto start" or electric start, and so far no problems, just remember not to grind on it for long periods of time otherwise you will break the one way bearing and then you are soing to be stuck on the side lines untill you get a new part for your car. If you have it tuned right the car should start with in 3 - 4 tries with the electric start. The current temp of where you live is going to effect things a bit as well. Hope this helps, just passing along some info I read in some of the various posts on this great forum!

Happy cruizin' :redbuggy: