proline tank

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
id like to see yours and your wives trucks?All together i mean

Very neat looking rigs ill see how I go this weekend may have to move my battery

id like to see yours and your wives trucks?All together i mean

Mine
029.jpg

Hers
028.jpg

Both
026-1.jpg

I've got some new high flow air filters on the way & plan to upgrade the pipes as soon as I have some spare coin.

Its pretty awesome that she is into it also, i keep trying to get my girlfriend into but not really getting anywheres with it. Good looking rigs though!!! What kinda bodys u got to go on them, anything custom or stock lids?

Good looking rigs though!!!

Thanks.

Just plain old stocker's for the lids.

I had 4 brand new(at the time) stock lids given to me when they were changed out for aftermarket one's & I'm down to the last 2 (that are being used now).

I like the S~maxx style body & plan on getting a clear one when this lid is done for.
I have also seen trucks with I think is was a Slayer body on it & like it too, but the lid I have still has a good bit of life left in it & I want to get pipes & some high flow filters on them before I worry about new lids.

I just put new steering servo's in both trucks & new 2.4ghz TX/RX's in them, the steering servo in Her truck was making an awful sound when turning!

my brand new throttle servo just up and quit so i am in the market for a new one also

Is that ofna tank called the violator?

I've been trying to install an ofna tank but I have no room on my rig to do it, so, I've been looking for an alternative, I found a tread on the web that says to take a 3 foot fuel line and loop it as many times as you can and make sure you feed it to the carb from a high point to get a gravity effect, dont know If this works but I'm going to try this today, I will keep every one posted in how It cimes out. Has anybody done this or know anything about it?.
IMAG0236.jpg

IMAG0234.jpg

IMAG0235.jpg

Last edited:
My brake linkage will not clear the ofna tank, and the pipe I use is to big to mount anything an the other side.
IMAG0196.jpg

Since you are using a direct throttle pull setup, you would need to make a custom bent brake linkage rod that goes over the top of the transmission and clears the tank similar to this.

Brakelinkage-1.gif

Thanks snookman I didn't think of that, would you have a clear pict of the servo with the throttle linkage.

If I find one i'll post it but, all you need is 2 90° bends at each end and a stand off attached to the transmission to keep the rod upright.
Use cheap wire thats easy to bend to get the correct length and bends and then transfer them to a piece of strong music wire.

Thanks snookman. Always a pleasure to read your replys

Thanks guys, wow, I've been trying to figure this out for some time now and the morons at my HS told me that it can't be done so I gave up. Thanks again.....

Snookman and nitro4910, thanks for helping out and for the pict guys, all I'm waiting in is the tank thanks again..
IMAG0241.jpg

Back