Proline pro mt 4x4 electronics

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thepitstarman

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Looking for some advice. Got a proline pro mt 4x4 new... wondering if I should use my 2400kv sensered castle motor with my mamba..x or my 8th scale 2200kv sensered with the mamba x. Will the 10th scale 2400kv give me that power...or I have to use the 2200. Don't want a truck that's on its back as soon as you pull the trigger...but I do want to backflip off jumps. And also what servo should I get? Thanks for your time and reply.

that trucks weighs .5,7 lbs with no battery or electronics.. or 2.6kg so Id get a 4+ kg rated servo..

I'd err on the side of too much power to avoid having heat issues later. Run a 1/8th setup on 4S, then you can dial the punch back a bit to calm it down.

Not sure what your budget is on a servo. I ran a savox 1210sg in my outcast and it did pretty good on 6V, better on 7.2V, but it died after a year. Now I'm trying a servo that cost half as much that performs similarly, HobbyStar HCS-4521. I have one in my outcast and my ERBEv2, both with a max6 driving things at 7.2V. So far, it's performing well. Both are running 3.8" trenchers.

Thanks for the help guys... budget for the servo is not a problem....but I'm going to look into the hobby star servo.

FWIW, I'm running a 1/8th system in my stampede 4x4 (BLX185/4074 2200kv), which is likely smaller/lighter than the ProMT and it does ok on 3S. Would likely run cooler on 4S and would pull less amps, but I'm not sure I can run a small enough pinion to do that without grinding the chassis down, so I'll gut it out on 3S for a while and see what I can do to keep the temps down.

Def consider 4s on the 2200kv set up lots of power on demand and easily manageable.

Pics on how it's coming out.

Attachments

• IMG_20200603_000103.jpg
    IMG_20200603_000103.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 109
Went with the mamba x......and the 2400kv sensered motor

I’m running the savox 1210 sg. Works well. Hobbywing esc motor combo 2200 kv. 4 s. Does pull to the right when punched. Not too sure why. Might be rear diff fluid too light or ??‍♂️. Anyone else having this issue?

Looks like it would be an easy nitro conversion.
I don't know..... really cramped for space don't think it would be a good choice to convert...I could be wrong.

I don't know..... really cramped for space don't think it would be a good choice to convert...I could be wrong.
A 1.5 traxxas could easy fit back there, I'd have to do something weird with the gearbox but oh well. If you ever plan to get rid of anything on it let me know.

A 1.5 traxxas could easy fit back there, I'd have to do something weird with the gearbox but oh well. If you ever plan to get rid of anything on it let me know.
Cool...I will.

Might want to look at a center chassis brace. I noticed a few guys are having issues with the tekno MT410 which has a long front/center axle like that and are bending it more frequently than they'd like. Not sure anyone makes something for the proline truck. The tekno guys can stiffen theirs up with m2c stuff.

For stuff with a short wheelbase under 11" (Stampede, Pro MT, etc.) I prefer 3S, and for stuff with a longer short course wheelbase (12.5"+) I prefer 4S.

I know I’m new here, but there was a thread (maybe by Vanning) all about the proline mt, it seems it’s down to what you want from it, if you want fast and light go with a 3s 1:10 setup, if you want extreme bashing and don’t worry too much on damage go for a 1:8 setup. It seems the extra weight from a 1:8 might cause harder ‘bumps’...

I actually have one of these on order, (delivery in the uk is bad at the minute, so I don’t know when it will arrive), I’m planning on going for a strong 1:10 setup. A hobbywing MAX10SCT 120amp with 3s and a 3660 3200kv motor i have spare.
If I work out how to find an old thread and link it, I’ll edit this (if I can work that bit out)
?
Wow, I worked out the edit, not bad for an old man, now the link
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/proline-pro-mt-4x4.120390/
maybe it’s a win?
2nd edit, it’s not a win, you can’t see it, it needs moderator approval, and it wasn’t Vanning...

Last edited:
that's a tough motor ESC combo you shouldn't have any problems with that if you gear it correctly. if you're able to you should order several pinion gears and then you will be able to find out which suits your driving habits the best. The 8th scale would not add enough weight to do any more damage to your vehicle then the 10th scale motor and ESC would but the added stress on your drive train and other components would be greater.

Back