Proline 69 Nova tough-color black body

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Painting the outside of a lexan body is strange to me. I might give it a shot. Always wanted to try it, for an olive drab, ww2 rig. đź’Ą
People have done it quite a bit. Like do a paintjob on the inside, then on the outside use a matte clear paint to layout stripes or flames for a ghost stripe or flame look. It's really cool. I did it years ago when I was in my 20's on a 1/32 slot car body.

It's no different than painting the inside. It will of course get scraped off in wrecks. But you can paint the outside. I've seen a few of the tough bodies painted. Never owned one myself.

That's why my friend had 5 of them. They were fairly easy to find dirt cheap. Then the drag racing guys started nabbing them all up and dropping big blocks in them. It's one of the only old Chevy cars I truly love, besides the '65 Malubu and Nova. The '66 Chevelle was pretty cool too if done up right.
Heck yeah. I had a 70 Chevelle for about 4-5 years back then. Bought it for 700. Took out the 307, Power glide, sold them to a salvage yard, took that $$ got a 350/350. Awesome car

Painting the outside of a lexan body is strange to me. I might give it a shot. Always wanted to try it, for an olive drab, ww2 rig. đź’Ą
The Notorious bodies are painted on both sides from Arrma. So the scuffs look cool after a while, show silver, the inside color

Heck yeah. I had a 70 Chevelle for about 4-5 years back then. Bought it for 700. Took out the 307, Power glide, sold them to a salvage yard, took that $$ got a 350/350. Awesome car
I had a 67 SS that some dumbass had yanked the 396 out of to use in a drag truck. Mine had a hopped up 350 in it with Muncie 4 spd. Bought it from a co-workers husband. He told me the driver's seat wasn't bolted in, and I thought - who cares? I was on a 3 lane street between two other lines of traffic at a stop light. Dumped the clutch at around 4000 rpms and ended up looking up at the ceiling with my feet in the air. That was so embarassing, and if you've never tried getting a front bucket car seat back into position from the back seat of a moving car with no driver... try it sometime 🤣

:D Yeah, can't you just see 332_RC's Nova done as a 'Road Warrior'? Fully blacked out with RPM chrome supercharger on the hood and a set of RPM chrome zoomies on the sides. Oh, and maybe chrome rims? To die for.
Oh yeah

download - 2024-03-18T150414.834.jpeg

On his crawler, my son painted the inside of the body gray, the outside desert tan, when the paint gets scraped, the gray show thru like sheet metal.
That's the way I did our Carnage SCX24 C10. I bought the silver one and painted the outside. If it ever gets a scratch it will show the silver.
20230204_094518.jpg