Problems with throttle linkage for hyper 7. 28

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slothh561

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Hi I'm really struggling with getting my hyper 7. 28 running nice so I can take it for a rip up. I brought the car off Facebook from a guy who seems genuine told me about the car and wat he used to do with it ( ex racetuned engine) so the engine is race tuned and set up for racing so as sokn as I start the car it screams like mad and I can't stop it unless I manually throttle the car and then when i do manually throttle the car it dies straight away?? I just cannot set up the throttle linkage or the idle gap will not stay 1mm because the throttle linkage and brake linkage stop it from staying at the right gap?? I'm really puzzled with this car any help would be very much appreciated
thank you

your gonna have to adjust the throttle horn or even add a small spacer under whatever the brake arm mounts .get it higher or lower than throttle mount location. look at it and see where they hit then work out a solution..

1610660690723.png

You are going to have to remove the linkage to the throttle and manually adjust the idle 1mm open Hold the carb close and adjust the idle screw to open 1mm. Now The spring on the throttle linkage should have a collar on it at the carb side adjust it so it has about the space of the collar between the ball link and collar. You will have to remove the outside collar on the throttle linkage to make the spring adjustment. Now turn on radio and center the throttle servo. finally adjust the collar on the outside of the linkage and make any adjustment so the throttle will open fully. You don't need the small rubber tubing on the linkage but you can leave it.

You are going to have to remove the linkage to the throttle and manually adjust the idle 1mm open Hold the carb close and adjust the idle screw to open 1mm. Now The spring on the throttle linkage should have a collar on it at the carb side adjust it so it has about the space of the collar between the ball link and collar. You will have to remove the outside collar on the throttle linkage to make the spring adjustment. Now turn on radio and center the throttle servo. finally adjust the collar on the outside of the linkage and make any adjustment so the throttle will open fully. You don't need the small rubber tubing on the linkage but you can leave it.
That sound soo complicated lol I'll have a go and let you no how I get on

This is the current positions my throttle/break linkages are are I cannot work them out to get the car running

1610717115660.jpg
1610717143281.jpg
1610717165013.jpg
1610717187630.jpg

That sound soo complicated lol I'll have a go and let you no how I get on

You have no return spring ,an as soon as you turn your radio gear on ,the servo should automaticlly close the
carb barrel ,if it doesn't go all the way to the metered gap ,then that is where the return spring come in at!

Last edited:
You are going to have to remove the linkage to the throttle and manually adjust the idle 1mm open Hold the carb close and adjust the idle screw to open 1mm. Now The spring on the throttle linkage should have a collar on it at the carb side adjust it so it has about the space of the collar between the ball link and collar. You will have to first remove the outside collar on the throttle linkage push rod to make the spring adjustment. Now turn on radio and center the throttle servo. The carb should be closed. If not adjust the collar and the spring side by moving it closer to the servo. finally adjust the collar on the outside of the linkage and make any adjustment so the throttle will open fully. You don't need the small rubber tubing on the linkage but you can leave it. You may have to put on a longer push rod to fix the problem. You don't need a return spring.

W hen you turn on the radio the servo should center and the spring on the push rod should keep the carb closed!

Try loosening the collars on the push rod and center the servo after you set the idle gap manually. Push the collar closest to the carb away from from it 1/4" and then tighten it then tighten the outside one again. you will see a difference.

It was never set rite from the start. The original owner use the radio to set the idle gap. worst way possible . Make sure once set up correctly to set the fail safe on throttle to brake if signal lost.

Last edited:
You are going to have to remove the linkage to the throttle and manually adjust the idle 1mm open Hold the carb close and adjust the idle screw to open 1mm. Now The spring on the throttle linkage should have a collar on it at the carb side adjust it so it has about the space of the collar between the ball link and collar. You will have to first remove the outside collar on the throttle linkage push rod to make the spring adjustment. Now turn on radio and center the throttle servo. The carb should be closed. If not adjust the collar and the spring side by moving it closer to the servo. finally adjust the collar on the outside of the linkage and make any adjustment so the throttle will open fully. You don't need the small rubber tubing on the linkage but you can leave it. You may have to put on a longer push rod to fix the problem. You don't need a return spring.

W hen you turn on the radio the servo should center and the spring on the push rod should keep the carb closed!

Try loosening the collars on the push rod and center the servo after you set the idle gap manually. Push the collar closest to the carb away from from it 1/4" and then tighten it then tighten the outside one again. you will see a difference.

It was never set rite from the start. The original owner use the radio to set the idle gap. worst way possible . Make sure once set up correctly to set the fail safe on throttle to brake if signal lost.
When I turn controller on the push rod for the throttle leaves about 3mm 4mm gap and then soo as screw throttle linkage back up it moves and goes bk to 4mm gap

When I turn controller on the push rod for the throttle leaves about 3mm 4mm gap and then soo as screw throttle linkage back up it moves and goes bk to 4mm gap

You can go right now ,Live feed ,Nitro Freak is putting his back together after cleaning!

loosen the stop collars on the push rod and push the rod in until it stops with the servo horn centered and parallel with the servo and tighten stop collars. the gap will close. Then adjust the idle screw to open the carb gap to 1mm

loosen the stop collars on the push rod and push the rod in until it stops with the servo horn centered and parallel with the servo and tighten stop collars. the gap will close. Then adjust the idle screw to open the carb gap to 1mm
Stop question I no but are the stop colliers the little silver nuggets at the end of the pushrod

Yes you can loosen them with a Allen wrench and adjust. You can center the servo arm by removing the screw on top of the servo horn and lifting it and turn it . This is were your problem is.

This is why I hate RTR. You have to check everything before running it. The are never set up rite out of the box.

Hi people this is the problem I'm having atm I set my throttle manually by hand so it's all level and there a 1mm gap then soon as I move controls on controller is moves and there's then a bigger gap??? pic is below)

Any help be appreciated please so I can rip this thing and see what it goes like.

IMG_20210115_183913.jpg
IMG_20210115_184006.jpg

I didn't see you mention or see anyone else mention it, but first, remove the servo horn from the servo, turn your radio on and receiver on. Set your trim on your radio/xmitter to zero. The put the horn on the servo so that it's putting a bit of pressure via the spring on your throttle on the carb.

Then post a photo of what your linkage/carb looks like.

I'm not sure how to do the throttle trim on my controller??

Attachments

• IMG_20210115_183913.jpg
    IMG_20210115_183913.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20210115_184006.jpg
    IMG_20210115_184006.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 1610778544819.jpg
    1610778544819.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 71
???????? loosen the stop collars on the push rod and push the rod in until it stops with the servo horn centered and parallel with the servo and tighten stop collars. the gap will close. Then adjust the idle screw to open the carb gap to 1mm.

What don't you understand. You have too loosen the stop collars on the push rod and move them toward the servo. The one closet to the carb first then the other. Then adjust the EPA on the radio for servo travel.

Back