Problems with rear axle!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshjjm

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I had taken my Maximus 2 to have a service and we noticed that when the wheels are being turned there is a weird clicking noise but wheels still move freely. Checked the diff nothing wrong there all teeth are there etc. Yet when I put it down it just won't budge even when running any ideas the front seems to do it aswell. Both of us are scratching are heads as everthing looks fine

I had taken my Maximus 2 to have a service and we noticed that when the wheels are being turned there is a weird clicking noise but wheels still move freely. Checked the diff nothing wrong there all teeth are there etc. Yet when I put it down it just won't budge even when running any ideas the front seems to do it aswell. Both of us are scratching are heads as everthing looks fine

The clicking noise may not be coming from the diff itself!
The drive axle shaft makes noises if they are in a bind coming out of the diff cup ,IE ,usually
if the bearing cup or knuckle is not set right or the shocks have too much down force tension on them in
which can cause premature wear on drive axle bone & bearings!...:cool:

funny thing.........last months "truck of the month" orange crush was havng that issue. It uses the FLM Hybrid bulkheads/diff carriers. unlike the OEM version, there is no notch to keep from installing the differential backwards. for the longest time i could not figure out why the truck would not roll on the ground, but all the tires would turn if it was being held off the ground. well, I did finially look into the issue, and i noticed that when the front wheels turned, the back wheels turned the opposite direction. I split the bulkhead, flipped a differential, and all works as advertised now
its a shelf-queen, so I really wasn't all that concerned, as its way to expensive to wrap around a tree and destroy BUT, the problem is now resolved!

Does the truck have a center diff? Your issue could lie there as well. It could also be looking power of it has sliding (extending) axle or driveshaft and they are stripped or broken internally.