Problems With My Redcat Shockwave

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroJacob

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have a Redcat Nitro Shockwave. Sometimes after driving it at its top speed the back wheel locks up CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE and another problem is that after driving it at top speed it will just randomly shut off.

Replied on the other thread.

Is one wheel less free moving than the other? Is anything caught up, I'd start by taking the wheels off, arms out etc and cleaning it up.

Ok ill try cleaning them out and everything and is tbere anything that I can do to improve my car like something cheap thatll make it go faster and turn better?

I'd probably concentrate on learning the ropes with what you have first this seems to be the general advice here at least. "Don't fix what isn't broken" etc.

The first way to get a bit more speed is to tune the engine properly (which is free), if you are running rich then you might not be as efficient as you could be but be careful not to go to far and run too lean as this could damage your engine.

As for turning, I'm not sure to be honest.

Turning... the best place to start is taking the stock servo and slinging it as far as you can and putting a high torque metal gear servo in its place. Hitec, Futaba and Savox all make quality pieces.

@Rooky78 Beat me to it hah :-D

Make sure you've fully broken in the engine first too before starting although I guess if you've been at full throttle this has already been done.

Back