Problem starting LXOne.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This sucks, finally the weather is nice enough to start my LX1.Had everything i needed including new nitro and hot plugs.After about 20 pulls the pullstart messes up arrghhh.Think Ofna will replace it? I've had this rc less than a month.

Go buy a Hot plug just for breakin purposes. Lean the LSN like RCaddict said. Leave the ignitor on until it has ran for 30 seconds slowly blipping the throttle. Then remove the ignitor. it should stay running, if not lean it again. Every 4 seconds or so slowly ease into the throttle to clear out the engine, then let it idle. Repeat this thru the first tank.
Second tank start driving it.
Usually if the engine dies as soon as you remove the ignitor the plug is bad, the other reason is a way too rich setting. Keep at it, don't give up.

^^^^^1up^^^^^ Definitly agreed :hehe:

I couldnt wait for ofna so i went ahead and bought the pullstart.My question is how do i change it out.Do i have to take the engine off the chassis in order to change it? Or can it be done without removing the engine.

You have to remove the engine. I would UPGRADE to an electric starter of some sort. People will argue that a starter adds too much weight. Bulls@#$! Unless your shaving 1/10's at the worlds qualifier, you'll never notice a difference. Rotostarts are cheap, though I don't know exactly what you would need. Don't give up on 'er, just make things easier on yourself by getting a starter.

You know I've been thinking about getting one but i hear it floods the engine easier with the roto starters.

It does have a little screw wich I've already tightned and i dont see any air bubbles anymore.Just 2 or 3 tiny ones.

Now when i remove the engine, does it bring anything up with it? Or does everything stays in place,Like the clutch? I might take it to my LHS so they can do it for me i dont want to mess it up and not be able to put it back together.I'm still very new to RC's.

Back