Problem problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fernando mateus

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Don't have to modify the crankshaft they're all different from my original motor

IMG_20230124_182330435.jpg

IMG_20230124_182344294.jpg

I'm not understanding what your showing or asking? Nice cv-x. 15, what's your plans for that engine.

Ah yeah, failing to understand the gist of this thread. If the "problem problem" you lead with is having too many engines, that's a problem I'd like to have!

I'm not understanding what your showing or asking? Nice cv-x. 15, what's your plans for that engine.
That engine is way too strong capturing up there years the car used to pop wheelies flipped over I didn't use it that much I had several more that one was my favorite the engine is super strong
I bought several engines and it's very hard to put them in there and everything is different on the other engines. The electric start doesn't even turn it over more than once
Ah yeah, failing to understand the gist of this thread. If the "problem problem" you lead with is having too many engines, that's a problem I'd like to have!
Cuz I had an outer cars and I would do engines but they're quite different I want to save the OS engine I was trying to find one week having a good start and it's very hard clutch shoes I cannot find it

Attachments

• IMG_20230120_174221930.jpg
    IMG_20230120_174221930.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I'm sorry man, I've read and re-read this several times and I haven't a clue what the point of all this is. Sorry, would like to help, but none of this makes any sense to me. Punctuation is your friend!

Now.you add a picture of shocks, so to me, you're randomly posting stuff with no actual point or question.

Take a breath, lay it out simply and completely and I'm sure we can help you out.

I'm sorry man, I've read and re-read this several times and I haven't a clue what the point of all this is. Sorry, would like to help, but none of this makes any sense to me. Punctuation is your friend!

Now.you add a picture of shocks, so to me, you're randomly posting stuff with no actual point or question.

Take a breath, lay it out simply and completely and I'm sure we can help you out.
Hopefully these picture goes through so you can understand

IMG_20230123_121647166.jpg

That engine is way too strong capturing up there years the car used to pop wheelies flipped over I didn't use it that much I had several more that one was my favorite the engine is super strong
I bought several engines and it's very hard to put them in there and everything is different on the other engines. The electric start doesn't even turn it over more than once

Cuz I had an outer cars and I would do engines but they're quite different I want to save the OS engine I was trying to find one week having a good start and it's very hard clutch shoes I cannot find it

I'll take a stab at it -

Yes, there's 3 styles of crankshaft you're likely to encounter in nitro RC cars - long threaded shaft, short threaded shaft, and OS/SG shaft. There are variations, but those are the big 3. There's also Traxxas's IPS, but that's beyond the scope of the current discussion.

Your OS motor has a long threaded shaft, so do the VX-18's in your picture. You should be able to use them interchangeably with the correct tools, namely a flywheel wrench and a 10mm socket. A deep-well socket is ideal. They use a spacer before the flywheel, either with a brass cone or the shaft itself has flats for the spacer to engage. The flywheels for these have a straight 5mm bore. HSP brand replacement flywheels and clutch shoes will work for you, as well as for your ~25mm diameter clutch bell. That size is fairly standard for 1/8ths and most older 1/10ths. Kyosho and Traxxas occasionally go smaller, but that's beyond the point.

The force .15 engine (silver head) in your picture has a short threaded shaft, and will be harder to use as a replacement, because it uses a flywheel with the cone/collet attachment. Threaded shaft engines require a pilot nut, which has a straight portion for the clutch bearings, and a groove for the clutch shoes, whether they're 2 piece held by an e-clip or 3-piece setups with torsion springs.

I'm guessing from his name that English is not his primary language and is relying on Google translate which I know from experience does not do Tagalog justice when it translates. Hell, Google doesn't even call it Tagalog, it calls it "Filipino"

I'll take a stab at it -

Yes, there's 3 styles of crankshaft you're likely to encounter in nitro RC cars - long threaded shaft, short threaded shaft, and OS/SG shaft. There are variations, but those are the big 3. There's also Traxxas's IPS, but that's beyond the scope of the current discussion.

Your OS motor has a long threaded shaft, so do the VX-18's in your picture. You should be able to use them interchangeably with the correct tools, namely a flywheel wrench and a 10mm socket. A deep-well socket is ideal. They use a spacer before the flywheel, either with a brass cone or the shaft itself has flats for the spacer to engage. The flywheels for these have a straight 5mm bore. HSP brand replacement flywheels and clutch shoes will work for you, as well as for your ~25mm diameter clutch bell. That size is fairly standard for 1/8ths and most older 1/10ths. Kyosho and Traxxas occasionally go smaller, but that's beyond the point.

The force .15 engine (silver head) in your picture has a short threaded shaft, and will be harder to use as a replacement, because it uses a flywheel with the cone/collet attachment. Threaded shaft engines require a pilot nut, which has a straight portion for the clutch bearings, and a groove for the clutch shoes, whether they're 2 piece held by an e-clip or 3-piece setups with torsion springs.
Just got back got into a huge car accident almost did not make it but yes you're correct the vx18 was a perfect perfect match
I'm guessing from his name that English is not his primary language and is relying on Google translate which I know from experience does not do Tagalog justice when it translates. Hell, Google doesn't even call it Tagalog, it calls it "Filipino"
No Portuguese but been out of my country for 30 years been in a lot of countries in my life
Just got back got into a huge car accident almost did not make it but yes you're correct the vx18 was a perfect perfect match

No Portuguese but been out of my country for 30 years been in a lot of countries in my life
Too much work putting the ( . ) And so on

Last edited:

Too much work putting the ( . ) And so on
holy crap are you okay?

holy crap are you okay?
Not really broke all my ribs on the right side fracture my spine fracture left arm fracture left knee fracture both of my ankles can hardly walk but I'll survive it's my 7th accident this was the only one on a car all the other ones was motorcycle I must survivor I think I'll make it thanks for asking buddy
IMG_20230202_125532429_HDR.jpg

Quite ugly don't you think good thing this car was well built
IMG_20230202_125520913_HDR.jpg

holy crap are you okay?
Kind of almost paralyzed on my left side for now can hardly walk still thanks bud

Attachments

• IMG_20230202_125559781.jpg
    IMG_20230202_125559781.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Not really broke all my ribs on the right side fracture my spine fracture left arm fracture left knee fracture both of my ankles can hardly walk but I'll survive it's my 7th accident this was the only one on a car all the other ones was motorcycle I must survivor I think I'll make it thanks for asking buddy
View attachment 160393
Quite ugly don't you think good thing this car was well built
View attachment 160394

Kind of almost paralyzed on my left side for now can hardly walk still thanks bud
yeah no problem man. damn i hope that you get better