problem priming when car is already running?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asg

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey guys when i want to start my rc car i prim its fine but when it cuts out half wat rhru it doesent start with jus th pull start an d igniter i need to prime it dont knws why never used have to do tht? whats wrong? also wen i then try to prime the fuel hits the carb and kinda spits back down the fuel line so i can't prime propely

i have a thunder tiger ts4n plus ...

Last edited:
did you check for air leaks? cracked hoses? crack in the gas tank?

no i didnt but because its like brend neww soo i dint think it cud be that ..can that be a possibility even tho its new?

Yes it can be a possibility on a new vehicle. Sometimes there are problems in the manufacturing process that are not always found by quality control.

asg, even new rigs have problems.

A few things to check:

Blockages in the fuel lines
Blockages in the carb needles

Check the tank for air leaks
Check the engine for air leaks

Check fuel lines for damage
Check pressure line from tank to carb for a blockage

In some cases, a blockage in the pressure line can cause a suction at the tank pulling fuel back from the carb to the tank.

Also, try putting 2 o-rings under the forwards end of the tank as was suggested before, it may be that at half tank levels, the engine is not getting enough fuel from the tank due to the filter sucking air as well as fuel.

With the t/t tanks, there is a dodge to the filters, but it takes patience, time and a little intricate work, but it stops the leaning you get at half tank condition.

Back