Pro-Line Pro MT: Discontinued?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMightyAtom

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
EDIT: Pro-Line confirmed to me that the Pro MT has been discontinued for good. However, Pro-Line's latest video indicates that they're coming out with something new:

Hey everyone,

Can any of you confirm/deny whether the Pro-Line Pro MT is permanently discontinued or not? A few months ago, I saw some chatter on the Ultimate RC forum about how it was only temporarily discontinued due to an accident with one of Pro-Line's molds, but I can't find any statements from Pro-Line about this. And unfortunately, the Ultimate RC website has been down for some time.

On Tower Hobbies, the Pro MT isn't listed as discontinued --- it's listed as "missing data": http://www.towerhobbies.com/products/proline/proc4005.html.

I don't know what that means.

Any input? I'd love to save up some money for one of these if they'll be making a comeback. However, if the Pro MT is permanently discontinued, I'll save up for something else.

Thanks!

Last edited:
UPDATE:

I did finally hear back from Pro-Line customer service. Just a few minutes ago, in fact.

They confirmed that the Pro MT has been discontinued. It will be replaced with something else coming out in a few weeks.

I have a Pro line MT and it is the most well made and reliable truck I have had and it is very durable and easy to maintain.... Look at rc mart on the Web as they may still have some kits including all electronics as a pack....cheers

I have a Pro line MT and it is the most well made and reliable truck I have had and it is very durable and easy to maintain.... Look at rc mart on the Web as they may still have some kits including all electronics as a pack....cheers

Thanks, @cuzzy! They do have it! I might pick one up!

I'm a little worried about the lack of parts support with it being discontinued --- have you broken anything on yours?

Absolutely nothing....it's a beast in my books...maybe buy 2 kits if you are worried about spares but remember 3D printers are pretty good these days so......
On another note....I reckon Proline are releasing a new 4wd Monster truck or Truggy to compete with the likes or Arrma Kraton and Tekno MT410 etc... I hope so because I so want them too....

I'm a little worried about the lack of parts support with it being discontinued
I always thought the Proline RC's looked cool, but that was always my biggest concern - parts availability. Proline has always been an RC tires, wheels and body company. Getting into the full kit company made me curious how long they'd stay in it and how easy would parts be to get.

I always thought the Proline RC's looked cool, but that was always my biggest concern - parts availability. Proline has always been an RC tires, wheels and body company. Getting into the full kit company made me curious how long they'd stay in it and how easy would parts be to get.

My thoughts exactly.

Still, though, it's a tough truck, and I tend to take good care of my RCs. I might be able to keep it a long time.

Maybe I'll wait until Pro-line releases their newest vehicle and see what it is.

Absolutely nothing....it's a beast in my books...maybe buy 2 kits if you are worried about spares but remember 3D printers are pretty good these days so......
On another note....I reckon Proline are releasing a new 4wd Monster truck or Truggy to compete with the likes or Arrma Kraton and Tekno MT410 etc... I hope so because I so want them too....

Thanks for your input! I tend not to beat up my RCs, so maybe I could get a long life out of it.

I'd love it if Pro-Line released something like that! I hope whatever they release is more affordable than the MT410 --- I can't afford to build one of those from scratch. :(

I always thought that the proline kits looked sweet and I have always loved kits. I would have bought one awhile ago, except, like you said, the parts support is iffy but more important for me is I don't care for two wheel drive and that was what killed it for me. I've used their wheels, tires, bodies and shocks and have always been happy with their products though.

I find it hilarious that you can pick up a Kraton 1/8 scale RTR for the same price as this 1/10 scale as a roller.

I find it hilarious that you can pick up a Kraton 1/8 scale RTR for the same price as this 1/10 scale as a roller.
You can also get a Kraton rtr for less than a MT410 kit doesn't mean anything.

It is about the same size as the Stampede 4x4 Vxl which costs $429. Comparing a 1/10th scale rc to a 1/8th scale rc is like comparing a Ford Ranger to a Chevy Silverado.

Last edited:
You can also get a Kraton rtr for less than a MT410 kit doesn't mean anything.

It is about the same size as the Stampede 4x4 Vxl which costs $429. Comparing a 1/10th scale rc to a 1/8th scale rc is like comparing a Ford Ranger to a Chevy Silverado.

Right, because no-one wants to be seen in a Chebby... LOL

(Sorry, had to :D )

I am selling my Proline Pro MT as a roller. Message me if your interested.

22814317_10159779844540647_2272827403746431918_n.jpg

Back