Pro-Line "Commando" Bead-loc Tires.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tweak

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Anyone spent the 45 bucks to try these out yet?
http://www.pro-lineracing.com/proline.html

The guy in Car Action rag wrote a pretty crappy review, Saying it took him over an hour to simply put one full set together and even more time to do what the tires boast about, "Simplify changin/rotating tires by being able to interchange types and sizes or tires"

Looks to me these arent going to sell very well. I don't want to deal with an additional 18 (!!) bolts every time I want to rotate my tires...

That's funny, I thought the tires rotated every time you drove them......

i know a guy that has a set and he says that the inside of the rim gets full of dirt because the bead-lock doesn't keep all the dirt out like glued tires.

Well, your supposed to give each tire bolt thingie a good twerk like you would putting on a car tire. Every other one, all the way around the rim, twice. This is supposed to stop the dirt stuff, but I doubt it. I was serriously comptemplating getting a set for my fronts. Not now.

How about putting a small bead of silicone before you lockdown the outter rings to lock it in?

I use the Maximizer brand of beadlocks. They have less screws/bolts and work just as well. They have a large variety of colors and styles, plus two offsets. I use two different sets on my basherS-Maxx/T-Maxx and so far have never had the dirt build up issue at the rim.

Put it this way... They would look cool on a Rock Crawlin Escalade, down in South Central LA... nuff said.....

I also have maxximizers, and I love them. they are a little heavy, but that is the only issue. If you want beadlocks.. get the maxximizers. I have the racing yellow x.75's.

Workbench%20Area%20and%20Shelves%207-28-05%20(4).JPG

Last edited:
That's a nice looking MT, Tac.

And I agree, they can be a little heavy, but at least it is down low weight. Plus, my Picco Max .26 powered T-Maxx can't tell...it has more than enough HP!

Yeah, I don't run the picco.. but I do run the Mach 26. Plenty of headroom.. haha

I am thinking about getting the picco .27 for the savage. I need to get longer tvps first.

haha

Back