PRO-LINE Bodies

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyMaxx

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have not yet taken the plunge into an airbrush set up. I wanted to try my hand with a spray can or two prior to spending the dough on an airbrush and finding that I could not paint to save my life.

As it turns out, my first paint job was terminated by a fractured lexan body. I purchase two Pro Line Urban style HUM VEE bodies for my T-Maxx. I followed the prep directions that come with the body (clean it, inspect it, rough it up with steel wool where needed, etc.). I then masked it and started spraying/brushing as appropriate. I got all the way to doing the back coat when I noticed that near what would be the forward post on the driver's side was a compression fracture on the body. The bright yellow paint made it stand out.

Talk about being totally bummed. Here I was, about to finish this thing up, put the stickers on her and post some pictures...AND it is a busted shell.

Anyway...I call out to Pro-Line in CA. They return my call with this to say: "Send us the shell and we'll send you two as a replacement."

I say, "Even though it is painted almost to completion."

"Yup, we want to take a look at it and see what might have caused it."

"Okay, just make sure your guys don't laugh at my novice paint job."

"No problem. Sorry, for the problem."

"Are you kidding, you're replacing the busted shell with two new ones; I've got no complaints there."

Is this customer service or what? I can't believe it. They are taking the shell, paint and all, and returning me two new shells for my trouble. These guys are awesome.

Anyway...I've started the process again with the second shell I already had. It is the Urban style HUM VEE. It will be Daytona Yellow with Outlaw Black accents. The windows and headlights will be chromed (for the mirror effect). The paints are Pactra paints and Alclad chrome. I'll post pictures when I'm done with it.

Christian, the Alclad chrome is easy to shoot and will chrome up almost instantly, the black backing will just complete the effect. If this novice can do it with a spray can and a brush, you can do it with your airbrush with no problems.

Last edited:
Man that is good service. Every company should be like that

wow u made out like a bandit lol. lucky thats all i can say. so how many bodies are you going to have now?

Back