Pro 15 nitro engine dies after glow starter is removed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JezHall

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
I have a Pro 15 engine that dies as soon as I remove the glow starter. Most threads seem to mention the plug though I have a new one and it still dies.

I am using an N4 plug, is this the correct one or is there something else I should try?

The car runs fine with the starter in.

Thanks in advance

Jez

sounds like the low speed setting is incorrect...

check yo factory needle settings.

I have a Pro 15 engine that dies as soon as I remove the glow starter. Most threads seem to mention the plug though I have a new one and it still dies.

I am using an N4 plug, is this the correct one or is there something else I should try?

Thanks in advance

Jez
id recommend either a traxxas plug or an O.S. LC3 or LC4. if you are talking about the N4 plug from HSP, those are not known to be quality controlled so can be dead on arrival semi commonly.
the other possibility is if the engine is running too rich, it will coat the platifnum in the plug so much that it wont allow it to chemically react well with the methanol in the fuel.

Thanks in advance

Jez
Take a look at the Nitro Tuning Tips and Tuning Flow Chart for a great starting spot.

It does sound a bit rich, plug issue or just let the engine warm up a bit more before running it. I had one engine that did that and I let it run for a couple of warm up laps before I took out the glow heater.

It does sound a bit rich, plug issue or just let the engine warm up a bit more before running it. I had one engine that did that and I let it run for a couple of warm up laps before I took out the glow heater.
A properly set to factory settings motor should run without the ignitor once started. If not then something is wrong.

A properly set to factory settings motor should run without the ignitor once started. If not then something is wrong.
There was nothing wrong to have to warm up the motor if the temperature is cold, especially in the True North.

Running in cold weather is nothing but a headache. all you can do is adjust idle to keep motor running.

Back