Priming question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3stooges

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought my first nitro. Haven't owned an rc car in over 20 years. So to start out, I purchased a used redcat vortex with a mach 26 engine. When I try to start it, it takes forever to get fuel to the carb. Is there a trick to priming before start-up?

Just plug the exhaust with your finger and pull the pull start. Keep a close eye on the fuel line because the fuel will move pretty fast. And welcome to RCNT !:welcome_sign:

Thank you guys! I will definitely try it out asap! Unfortunately it's about -8 degrees here right now.

Anything below freezing makes it very hard to start/tune nitro engines... Even if you do get it going, it's going to be a pain to get running right when it's that cold.

Thanks olds77_lss, I was not aware of the temp issue. I can take it to my shop and run it inside but things are a little busy now.

Well, thanks to all the help from you guys, I've got her starting and running like a champ! Unfortunately, the engine shifted and stripped my spur gears. It is a redcat vortex with a mach 26 engine. Wondering if this is too much engine for this vehicle? The previous owner installed it.

Back