Pretty much ready on starting my car for the first time.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohmygahitscoby

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
After about a few months of working, I can get my car to work. I was wondering if there was anything I needed to know/tips on starting, breaking in, etc. I'll be starting it on Thurs. so I have a lot of time to listen.

What is it? Who is it made by? What have you done to it? PIC would also be good.

1/10 Onroad RC, Mugen Seiki MTX-3, Nothing much, just built it. I'll go take some right now.

Got some pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_0241.jpg
    IMG_0241.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0242.jpg
    IMG_0242.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0243.jpg
    IMG_0243.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0247.jpg
    IMG_0247.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0248.jpg
    IMG_0248.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 63
Nice. What's that orange thing ziptied to the right side?

Oh, that's the failsafe. I'm still trying to find something so I can tape it (or the sticky pad thing) it to the top of the thing its ziptied to. The rest are just wires bunched together.

EDIT: The battery pack is there because I couldn't fit it in the bottom battery place (Only for the rechargeable ones). I'm planning on buying one when I get the chance to.

Last edited:
[YOUTUBE]5O42A8wKVl8[/YOUTUBE]
Oh, here's a Youtube video I had uploaded a week ago. Still the same thing I'm not sure if it'll help you all with what your looking for in the car.

Do a "search" on engine break in. Its up at the top of your screen between "new post" and "quick links". Its your freind.

Alright. I found many types of break ins. Which one should I do?

For the failsafe, there's this stuff that's basically just double sided foam tape. My dad has some and I use it for servos, batteries, you name it. The foam is about 1/16 inch thick and it's stickier than superglue.

Heat cycle has been the break-in of choice for most. Some do the idle a tank, then lean with following tanks... but that tends to put an excess amount of strain on the con-rod.

Do a search for heat cycle. I think it's a sticky at the top of the nitro forum or engine forum.

Yeah, that's the one I saw. And Cupooter, I had some extras in the box that I will use.

Back